[Hardware] Nexus 7 Inductive Charging Mod (using Palm Touchstones)

rwhitby

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Got a couple of spare Palm Touchstones lying around? You can use them to inductively charge your Nexus 7:

CIMG0154.JPG

CIMG0157.JPG
CIMG0161.JPG

CIMG0162.JPG
CIMG0106.JPG

CIMG0116.JPG

Full details in a series of 12 posts at Google+, start at https://plus.google.com/+RodWhitby/posts/fAse7vGmc3q for the full story.

-- Rod

Avenger

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
How is the charge time on this? How quickly? I'd be more interested in getting a Qi mod since that seems to be the way things are going (albeit more expensive). I found a video on youtube from a guy (Nexus 7 wireless charging mod - YouTube) where he used the Qi coil and board from the BB 8900 Energizer back plate to make it work. I ordered the iphone 3 one to try and fit it. It would be interesting to compare results. Any plans to do a Qi one?

rwhitby

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
How is the charge time on this? How quickly? I'd be more interested in getting a Qi mod since that seems to be the way things are going (albeit more expensive). I found a video on youtube from a guy (Nexus 7 wireless charging mod - YouTube) where he used the Qi coil and board from the BB 8900 Energizer back plate to make it work. I ordered the iphone 3 one to try and fit it. It would be interesting to compare results. Any plans to do a Qi one?

The idea of inductive charging is that you have one at home and one at work and then you don't care what charging time is cause your device is always fully charged unless you're out.

Since I don't have any Qi devices, no plans for a Qi mod at this time.

-- Rod

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke