new to nexus 7 and rooting

oldgit9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
hi all
i am new here and a complete noob when it comes to android and rooting etc.

i will be purchasing a nexus 7 today and i would like to root it. as i have done with other devices, i have done a little research into hacking the device. but this time, i am a bit confused as to what guide to follow for the nexus 7, as there are a few that are in the sticky section of this forum.

also, what guide would be best to follow using my dual boot hackintosh? i have osx 10.7.5 installed. but if needs be, i can boot into windows 7 but i would rather stay on mac.

so basically, which would be the better guide for me to follow as noob to the android OS. this will be my first andriod os device i have purchased. but i am not a noob when it comes to jailbreaking or hacking a device. i've done a fare few in the past ;)

thanks in advanced, for reading this and any advice or help that may be given.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Read both guides, I believe Mac instructions are included. The process is very simple and the guides just break it down. You're goal and combined steps are:
1. Unlock the bootloader with:
fastboot oem unlock
2. Boot into a custom recovery (TWRP or CWM) after downloading it's image, using:
fastboot boot nameofrecovery.img
3. Flash (install) Koush's superuser.zip using that recovery. The zip is linked around here, and available via a link in the app description of the Play Store app (Superuser by Clockworkmod).

That's it. The guides will just walk you through doing that and give you the drivers, tools and tips you need.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21