Rooting my Nexus 7

ZachNCheese

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I want to have the benefits of having a rooted Nexus 7, however I am absolutely terrified. I have successfully rooted an iOS device before, and failed an attempt at rooting an Android custom device (Kindle Fire 1st gen) so I don't have a whole lot of experience with rooting things. Rooting my Kindle Fire was a lot more complicated than rooting my iPod, and I was a little upset when I ruined it. My 2 month old Nexus 7 is like a child to me (Okay maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration but its kind of expensive), and if I destroy this one I will be more than upset. What are the benefits of rooting the Nexus 7 and how can I safely do it?

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...se-kraken-rooting-hacking-your-nexus-7-a.html
That's going to be you best bet. Do your homework and you'll be fine. In every case I've seen of people having issues rooting/hacking it's because they didn't follow the instructions.

The nice part about Nexus devices is they are built to be hacked up easily and in almost every case, when you screw them up there are ways to get back to a working device. You can pretty simply restore a system image and the device is like it was when you took it outa the box again.

With respect to the benefits, you can run apps that need root access to do more things. You can screw with the clock speeds and voltages if your kernel supports it. There's plenty you CAN do, the question is really do any of those things interest you. If not, rooting won't do much for you.

I mainly only root anymore just to be able to take app backups and use the Franco Kernel app.