Can't install APK????

jaystekan

May 28, 2011
Visit site
So, I have a 4.2.2-32gb N7 WiFi only, running Paranoid Android 3.56, with a 3.1.10 franco-kernel. I downloaded an apk, f-droid to be exact onto my N7. I open it and try to install and the install button won't let me push it. The cancel button will let me push it,but no joy on the install button. I rebooted, wiped my cache, I have 3rd party apps allowed. I have tried installing by directly opening the apk and also by using some install apps from the play store. Any ideas?

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
There are some apps that overlay the screen and prevent pressing the install button. Glovebox had this issue for a while. Are there any apps that might interfere in this way? If so, try disabling them for a bit to see if that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mahmoud Samir1

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I had he same problem, there was an app working on the background (battery meter), I forced close the app and then it works well! Thanks Slender Troll .

thekittykat92

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
So, I have a 4.2.2-32gb N7 WiFi only, running Paranoid Android 3.56, with a 3.1.10 franco-kernel. I downloaded an apk, f-droid to be exact onto my N7. I open it and try to install and the install button won't let me push it. The cancel button will let me push it,but no joy on the install button. I rebooted, wiped my cache, I have 3rd party apps allowed. I have tried installing by directly opening the apk and also by using some install apps from the play store. Any ideas?

I can download them and then it says it can't parsize the package. Please help!

Last edited:

guillevelasco

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the idea. I put a widget on the dock. I was no idea :confused: that it would be the reason, and I was going crazy :mad:, but your idea about the "layer" was the solution. :cool: Best regards.

BilalBases

May 24, 2016
Visit site
If you have a Screen Dimming APP, disable it and try to install.
Some screen dimming apps work by overlaying the whole screen with a translucent window, and letting touch events pass through to the activity below, but for security reasons, you can't interact with system dialogs (such as the package installer) through another activity.

It sounds counter-intuitive, but it could be the cause. It's more likely than a corrupt APK file or a version incompatibility, either of which would cause an error message.

priyam_21

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
If you have a Screen Dimming APP, disable it and try to install.
Some screen dimming apps work by overlaying the whole screen with a translucent window, and letting touch events pass through to the activity below, but for security reasons, you can't interact with system dialogs (such as the package installer) through another activity.

It sounds counter-intuitive, but it could be the cause. It's more likely than a corrupt APK file or a version incompatibility, either of which would cause an error message.

Paul Vinten

Oct 26, 2017
Visit site
This may well have been figured out by now, but I found that this was caused by an app overlaying my screen. As soon as I turned that off, (a snipping tool I believe), I was able to hit the install button without issue