Nexus 7 will not power up after using nexus toolkit

skuzzbag

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I tried to install Nexus 7 Smoothrom but once it got to the stage where you needed to boot to recovery and select partitions it wouldn't do it whatever I tried. Eventually after trying many things to get into recovery I decided just to re-install the factory OS using the same toolkit Nexus 7 toolkit for bootloader unlock, rooting, custom recovery, etc.

The process downloaded and wiped my nexus OK then proceeded to install the factory OS with all reports coming back OK. However once it had to reboot at the end the nexus just shut off and will not come back on. I've tried holding down the power button and power+down but it's just dead!

At this stage does anyone have any ideas?

bldrgn2043

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Your link is dead, but are you sure you downloaded the right .img to flash it back to stock and that you set the setting on nexus root toolkit to the model and version that was on it before messing with it? I take it you have the wifi model and you may have loaded the mobile .img and flashed it onto your nexus by mistake. From what I have read doing this would brick you tablet and there really isn't to much if anything you can do to fit it if that's the case. I use the nexus root toolkit a lot and I can't think of anything else that you could have done that would explain why it's not powering on. Did you use the "Back to Stock" option which flashes stock + unroots?

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Had a similar problem. The N 7 at one point said 'no operating system installed'. Toolkit and the pc would not show it as attached although plugging in gave a beep from the pc. I could not get anything but the bootloader screen and power off. Eventually I got into TWRP and got the adb commands from the pc to work (even though it did not show as mounted on the pc). loaded an OS through ADB.

Jake Engdahl

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
That's why I learn to use fastboot and adb instead of relying on toolkits. If you can get to the bootloader then use fastboot to install twrp, after that you can use adb to send the Rom zip. Good chance the toolkit killed your bootloader

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield