Gallery photos how to delete

royal hussar

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. I have two photos in my gallery which are in a section called Cartoons. I have no idea how or why that section was created. The usual Uploads and Camera sections I have no problems deleting stuff but I can not find how to delete these photos. Your help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
These weird, undeletable pictures and albums are usually the result of something syncing to your device from somewhere else. Maybe a Picasa album or a Google+ album or some other app's. Go into the Gallery and open up the Settings menu. You'll see a "Content to Display" option (or something similar) and you can choose to view content only from your device or to include an online album as well (and in case you find it, you could also know where the album is being created and which app needs to be told not to do that anymore).

royal hussar

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
OK thought I better report back cos I tried above with no joy but could see what looked a Picasa symbol on the photos so I went to Picasa and low and behold there were the two photos. highlighted them got a delete option and poof gone. Fired up the Nexus 7 and hey presto gone from there as well.. result but the scary thing is I have no idea how they found their way there all this linking accounts is a bit much methinks...:)

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If it's a Picasa album then the option is in your Google Account Settings. There you'll find the option to sync Google+ photos and Picasa albums. Unfortunately, I believe you also have to set these options in the Google+ app, but I'm not sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan