Sorry if this has been addressed but I've been searching and reading and freaking out because I can't find out how to recover my Nexus 7.

I'm trying to manually update my 2012 Wifi Only Nexus 7 to Lollipop and my computer will not see the device any longer in ADB.

I downloaded the latest sdk and the latest image file (Nakasi 5.0.2 (LRX22G).

At this step fastboot flash bootloader [bootloader file].img it just sat there for about an hour and didn't do anything.

I got it to work and then got the invalidstate error.

I then read that others have had success updating to Lollipop without updating there bootloader

***This is because my bootloader was already on 4.23.***

I then proceeded with fastboot -w update [image file].zip

The image failed after wiping everything with an error about too many links.

Now when I try I get "C:\Users\John\Desktop\Nexus 7\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot -w update image-nakasi-lrx22g.ziparchive does not contain 'boot.sig'"

At this point, I can't get any adb commands to work as the device is not showing up as a connected device. I've rebooted my pc and the tablet multiple times. Fastboot keeps crashing as well.

Please help me get my Nexus back up and running. Thanks so much.
    12-27-2014 04:38 PM
    I hate suggesting one clicks & tool kits but have you tried using Wugs Toolkit?

Nexus Root Toolkit v1.9.9 | WugFresh

Download it and let the toolkit work its magic from driver probs to bricked devices. Seems like it can resolve most of them.
    12-28-2014 08:51 AM