Nexus 7 sleeve

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't think anyone else has really pointed this out, so I thought I'd bring it to the attention of those who haven't noticed it. Google will also be selling an N7 sleeve upon the new tablet's release. It'll cover the entirety of the tablet, as shown in the picture below. And based on the dimensions, it looks like it might be able to squeeze in a 2012 N7.
it6GL3uxxozQQNhECGSa9lp9vtuWe8XkNHn2eChr6Ej-FIdQyFQI6vOTaIcbXFbg1LA=w340-rw

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...us/?playredirect=true&hl=en-US&token=X83-DGsd

taj7575

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the post, but I'm a bit disappointed that this will be the only release accessory along with the new Nexus 7....Along with the fact that sleeves like that really serve no purpose.

Not only that..But $30 for it? That's only $5 cheaper than the Chromecast!

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah $30 is too much for a pouch you can just make your self for like $10 lol.

Also why can't they make something like the Nexus 10? The cover and the clip on back. Much more functional in my opinion. Although protection wise not so good. But I don't think they built a Nexus 7 for it to be covered with a case. :\

mathematiker

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Did they take the picture of this accessory with the front facing camera of the tablet? Why is it so small? I cannot see any detail.
I'll pass on this because I'm not rich enough to spend 30 dollars on a question mark.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I think they will release more accessories for it (such as the flip cover that the OG N7 has), but that they will come later. It's disappointing to once again see a lack of official accessories at launch, but this is better than nothing.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Might get something to keep it safe for the time being while I await my Portenzo case. I hate not having anything to protect it.

knight1fox3

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Still have this one for my OG 7:

Case Logic 7" Zippered Tablet Sleeve - Walmart.com

Decent protection, can't beat the price. I don't see fitment being a problem. I will test it out tomorrow upon arrival from Amazon.

Just picked one of these up, good fit and good price $14.99 at Walmart.

Posted via Android Central App
So this case has been confirmed to work with the 2nd Gen Nexus 7? Because looking at the interior dimensions as reported by Walmart, 8"x5"x0.8" would seem to be a bit too narrow for the Nexus (7.91"x5.67"x0.32").

bkasting

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
So this case has been confirmed to work with the 2nd Gen Nexus 7? Because looking at the interior dimensions as reported by Walmart, 8"x5"x0.8" would seem to be a bit too narrow for the Nexus (7.91"x5.67"x0.32").

Yes, the new Nexus fits in it and zips up with no problem. ($14.99 WalMart case) I'm using it as my transport case until I find a permanent solution.

Last edited:

zenelia

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
hii

I also got a sleeve for my new N7 from Fommy at $ 10 only and its really working well and on comparing it with the sleeve launched by google which is of $ 30..I found it much better option over that...

Thanks

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody gotten the Play Store Nexus 7 sleeve ($29.99)? I picked up the Case Logic sleeve at Walmart and it works just fine, but it might be nice to have something sleeker and specially designed for the new Nexus 7.

I love using my N7 naked as it was designed to be used and I have decided to keep it in a sleeve when not in use.

Sent from my incredible new Nexus 7 (2013)

SmaugN7

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Mine is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday. I will give impressions after it arrives but I am not expecting much more than a neoprene zip sleeve. I just like OEM accessories :\

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday. I will give impressions after it arrives but I am not expecting much more than a neoprene zip sleeve. I just like OEM accessories :\
That's pretty much what I was expecting. And I'm much the same as you, I too like original equipment accessories. The only concern I have is that it is advertised to fit both old and new models. I'd like for it to fit the current model like a glove.

I'll anxiously await your impression!

Sent from my incredible new Nexus 7 (2013)

SmaugN7

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
As promised, some impressions. This is your basic neoprene zip sleeve albeit a nicely constructed one. N7/2013 fits snugly with no looseness . Inside is lined with a very plush 'fur' material of nice quality. Overall, a good quality zip sleeve priced about$12 too much but no complaints.

zaquzudu.jpg

gaje6upe.jpg

8u4umyvu.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781