knight1fox3

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I sent a cancel request via Google Wallet after posting. I received a shipping notice yesterday. Hope it doesn't take forever to arrive.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
I contacted them last week to try and get a refund or get the case shipped to me NEXT DAY. They finally responded on the 15th (note: 10 days after order placement) saying they had a quality issue and were holding all orders back until the problem was corrected. Which is all fine and dandy, but they should have sent a notice out to those purchases affected to communicate the issue accordingly. Apparently it should be arriving today. Although I also just got a notice that my MoKo case shipped too. I wasn't too far off the mark in saying that my MoKo was going to arrive before my i-BLASON. LOL

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Bought this Thursday and overnight shipped it. Amazon.com : New Google Nexus 7 FHD 2013 Second Generation (7-Inch) Jelly Bean Android 4.3 (16GB / 32GB WiFi / 4G LTE) BLUE Multi-Function New Nexus 7 Leather Case / Cover / Typing & Viewing Stand / Flip Case With Magnetic Sleep / Wake Sensor & Nexus

Great price for the whole package. Of course, just after getting the screen protector on, I got a small scratch on it... :-( As for the case, good and bad.

The good: can get it on Prime, it seems well made, I like the color, protects the tablet well, the cutouts are correct and the flap stays closed with magnets.
The bad: the buttons are hard to hit, it doesn't lay flat, the edge an the left sits up a bit off the screen, not terribly flexible on viewing angles and it's hard to plug in the charger.

Overall though, I like it. I had the Poetic hard case on my last N7 and it developed a creak on the right side where the "clip" closed on the tablet. I didn't think I would use the stylus, but I have found it easier for web browsing. Worth the $13+$4 shipping to get it next day. I had the Asus Travel Cover on it for a couple weeks, but didn't like it, so it went back to Amazon today.

Hit me up if you need any other specifics on this case if you are considering it.

Cheers.

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible the issue is with your tablet?

Perhaps you could bring the case into a store and ask to try it with their demo or borrow a unit from a friend to test.

Good idea, thanks, could possibly test on hubby's 1st gen unit.

Sent from my magical Nexus 7 (2013)

RCicale

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Received my MoKo ultra slim today. Its OK for the price I paid (like $8 delivered) but still am going to order the Devicewear Ridge when they come out with one for this version. I had one for my Nexus 7-2012 and it was one of the best cases I'd ever bought for any of my tablets, phones, etc.

Devicewear customer service said sometime the end of this month.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

knight1fox3

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree about the left corners. They aren't raised like the right corners are so they don't hold as well.

Posted via Android Central App

3. Poetic GraphGrip rubber wrap cover (for playing games and other minor uses) $2.95 shipped by end of month.
I wonder if the Graph Grip could be used with the MoKo/i-BLASON to tighten up the fit a bit such that it would hold the N7 better. Although it might make it too bulky to even fit.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Got my Portenzo Case over the weekend. As expected, amazing case (had one on my 2012 nexus 7)

Few pics to show it off.

Attachments

• case1.jpg
    case1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 91
  • case2.jpg
    case2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 75

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Got my Portenzo Case over the weekend. As expected, amazing case (had one on my 2012 nexus 7)

Few pics to show it off.

Very nice! I used an Alano Tesoro with my original N7, and loved it. They're not inexpensive, but Portenzo BookCases definitely have the best workmanship I've seen (something to be said for every case being fully handcrafted) and hold up exceptionally well against the test of time.

Couple of questions regarding the new case....

First, is this case as 'thick' as the case for the 2012 N7? I'm wondering if they were able to make the wood tray shallower to allow the overall case to be thinner, or if they kept it the same depth to avoid loss of structural integrity. As much as I loved the '12 case, it was just a touch too thick to pocket comfortably.

Second, is the sound channeling as effective as it was on the first? The original N7 had pretty poor volume which the Portenzo did a pretty good job of reinforcing by redirecting the rear speaker output to be forward facing. The new N7 is far better in terms of volume and clarity, but a similar improvement would be greatly welcome.

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Do any of you have experience with 'rooCase' brand cases? Amazon has several styles (duel-view, duel station, origami) for $0.01 each. (in black, $5 shipping).

I'd also like to know more about which, if any, cases will work with a qi charging pad.

My rooCase for Nexus 7 2013 has arrived. For $5+shipping it is not bad at all. Seems to provide at least some protection although I do not plan to drop test it! It does provide some protection for the corners so at least there is hope if dropped that way.. It is really a 2 part cover, an inner and outer cover. The Nexus slides into the inner cover and there is a kind of a Velcro tab that tucks under the Nexus to hold it in. The inner cover then fits into the outer cover which is much like a hard back book that folds to provide the stand when needed. The inner again uses something like Velcro to hold the inner to the outer cover either for travel or when using the outer as a stand. My Nokia Qi charger works fine when the inner cover is on the Nexus, with both the inner and outer cover it will not charge, but given how easy it is to remove the outer from the inner it's a none issue for me. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

knight1fox3

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I contacted them last week to try and get a refund or get the case shipped to me NEXT DAY. They finally responded on the 15th (note: 10 days after order placement) saying they had a quality issue and were holding all orders back until the problem was corrected. Which is all fine and dandy, but they should have sent a notice out to those purchases affected to communicate the issue accordingly. Apparently it should be arriving today. Although I also just got a notice that my MoKo case shipped too. I wasn't too far off the mark in saying that my MoKo was going to arrive before my i-BLASON. LOL
I ended up getting my i-BLASON case yesterday. So far it seems pretty nice. It fits well and doesn't slide around at all. It closes and opens easily but also firmly. And appears to protect the N7 rather well (but certainly not drop-protected). Would it be good as a travel case? Perhaps not, but I don't see why you couldn't just slide the N7 w/ i-BLASON into one of those gel cases from Target/Wal-Mart. I can post a few pics if anyone is interested. MoKo case should also be arriving soon. Curious to see how it compares.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Very nice! I used an Alano Tesoro with my original N7, and loved it. They're not inexpensive, but Portenzo BookCases definitely have the best workmanship I've seen (something to be said for every case being fully handcrafted) and hold up exceptionally well against the test of time.

Couple of questions regarding the new case....

First, is this case as 'thick' as the case for the 2012 N7? I'm wondering if they were able to make the wood tray shallower to allow the overall case to be thinner, or if they kept it the same depth to avoid loss of structural integrity. As much as I loved the '12 case, it was just a touch too thick to pocket comfortably.

Second, is the sound channeling as effective as it was on the first? The original N7 had pretty poor volume which the Portenzo did a pretty good job of reinforcing by redirecting the rear speaker output to be forward facing. The new N7 is far better in terms of volume and clarity, but a similar improvement would be greatly welcome.

They are roughly the same size still in the end. Just had them set side by side.

The speaker channeling is actually really really good. It sounds alot better than if I no case on it. I was messing with some music and videos testing it, I didnt expect it to sound as good as it does considering it was more or less boxing the speakers in almost. but they came up with a great solution in the end. Worth every penny for sure.

Jack13

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I received my Poetic Slimbook I ordered for $3.95 w/ free shipping from Amazon last week and I have been vey happy with it. The holes for the camera lenses and LED light line up, there are holes for both speakers and it will also hold my stylus. The magnetic cover and the elastic handle on the back that allow you to hold the tablet securely are a nice features as well. Now I just wish I hadn't wasted money on that ASUS travel case!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E5NOWTS/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have this case? Amazon.com: Google Nexus 7 (2nd Gen, 2013) DuoSuit - Slim-Fit Ultra Durable Google Nexus 7 TPU Case with Stylish "S" Design for Nexus 7 2, 2nd Gen 2013 Version (Jet Black): Computers & Accessories

The initial reviews seem good and it's cheap. I'm interested in getting a TPU case in addition to the one I currently have, because my phone has a TPU case and has survived everything without a scratch.

I have that s-line and it kinda sucks. It is a little loose. I also have the "X" version, and it is great. Tight, and the power and volume buttons are much better. Also, the "X" part is shiny/smooth and is the perfect place for my index and middle finger to get a good grip. Love the X case, hate the S-line version.

This one:
http://www.amazon.com/KAYSCASE-X-Sh...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3016083

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I have two cases for mine:

The I-Blason: Amazon.com: i-Blason The New Nexus 7 2 FHD (2nd Generation) Auto Wake / Sleep [Slim Book] Stand Case Cover (Elastic Hand Strap, Multi-Angle, Card Holder, Three Year Warranty) 16GB 32GB (Orange): Computers & Accessories I like the case. I had one on my 2012 N7, and always wished it had a stylus holder. I really like that feature and the hand strap. What I don't like is their redesigned kickstand. It's just not very sturdy. Unless I have it just right, it falls over. I like the color, and didn't notice the smell that others have mentioned.

Kayscase: Amazon.com: KAYSCASE S-Line TPU Case Cover for New Nexus 7 2013, 2nd Generation, Jelly Bean Android 4.3 (16GB / 32GB WiFi / 4G LTE),Compatible with ASUS Google Nexus 7 2 2.0 II Tablet 2013 Version (Black): Computers & Accessories This one is just a TPU case. I have a TPU on my phone and like it, so thought I'd try this on the new N7. I like that this one has grips on the side, and the back is a little textured. It feels secure when holding it and volume and off/on are easy to press with the cover on.

I had two different 2012 N7's that were broken by drops (only one by me!), so I do like that both cases cover the sides completely (what caused the other screens to break was a drop onto the edge of the N7). I hope that these cases will give me a little more protection.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I have two cases for mine:

The I-Blason: Amazon.com: i-Blason The New Nexus 7 2 FHD (2nd Generation) Auto Wake / Sleep [Slim Book] Stand Case Cover (Elastic Hand Strap, Multi-Angle, Card Holder, Three Year Warranty) 16GB 32GB (Orange): Computers & Accessories I like the case. I had one on my 2012 N7, and always wished it had a stylus holder. I really like that feature and the hand strap. What I don't like is their redesigned kickstand. It's just not very sturdy. Unless I have it just right, it falls over. I like the color, and didn't notice the smell that others have mentioned.

Kayscase: Amazon.com: KAYSCASE S-Line TPU Case Cover for New Nexus 7 2013, 2nd Generation, Jelly Bean Android 4.3 (16GB / 32GB WiFi / 4G LTE),Compatible with ASUS Google Nexus 7 2 2.0 II Tablet 2013 Version (Black): Computers & Accessories This one is just a TPU case. I have a TPU on my phone and like it, so thought I'd try this on the new N7. I like that this one has grips on the side, and the back is a little textured. It feels secure when holding it and volume and off/on are easy to press with the cover on.

I had two different 2012 N7's that were broken by drops (only one by me!), so I do like that both cases cover the sides completely (what caused the other screens to break was a drop onto the edge of the N7). I hope that these cases will give me a little more protection.

ProCase sells one with a stylus holder:

Amazon.com: ProCase Google Nexus 7 II (2nd generation) Protective Case with bonus stylus pen - Tri-Fold Tablet Smart Cover Case for Google Asus Nexus 7 FHD Tablet (new 2013 model), 2013 Nexus 7 II 2 2.0 7 inch Tablet, Built-in Stand, with Auto Sleep

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the i-Biason case. It's ok but, I'm really wanting a different one with a more flexible front cover. The two I see that are of interest right now are this one:

Amazon.com : MoKo Google New Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Google Nexus 2 7.0 Inch 2013 Generation Android 4.3 Tablet, BLACK (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep Feature) : Computers & Accessories

and this one

Amazon.com : Poetic Slimline Case for Google Nexus 7 2nd Gen 2013 Android Tablet Black (With Auto Wake / Sleep Function) (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic) : Computers & Accessories

What are the *real* differences in these two cases? They are both pretty cheap that I guess I could order both and then send back the one I didn't like but, just curious as to how they are really different.

knight1fox3

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the i-Biason case. It's ok but, I'm really wanting a different one with a more flexible front cover. The two I see that are of interest right now are this one:

Amazon.com : MoKo Google New Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Google Nexus 2 7.0 Inch 2013 Generation Android 4.3 Tablet, BLACK (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep Feature) : Computers & Accessories

and this one

Amazon.com : Poetic Slimline Case for Google Nexus 7 2nd Gen 2013 Android Tablet Black (With Auto Wake / Sleep Function) (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic) : Computers & Accessories

What are the *real* differences in these two cases? They are both pretty cheap that I guess I could order both and then send back the one I didn't like but, just curious as to how they are really different.

I have both the i-Blason and the MoKo. There's really no difference between them IMO. The MoKo is a bit more slim than the i-Blason but operates much the same way in how it holds the N7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance