FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the i-Biason case. It's ok but, I'm really wanting a different one with a more flexible front cover. The two I see that are of interest right now are this one:

Amazon.com : MoKo Google New Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Google Nexus 2 7.0 Inch 2013 Generation Android 4.3 Tablet, BLACK (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep Feature) : Computers & Accessories

and this one

Amazon.com : Poetic Slimline Case for Google Nexus 7 2nd Gen 2013 Android Tablet Black (With Auto Wake / Sleep Function) (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic) : Computers & Accessories

What are the *real* differences in these two cases? They are both pretty cheap that I guess I could order both and then send back the one I didn't like but, just curious as to how they are really different.

I have both. The Poetic locks onto my N7 much better than the Moko. Also, when the cover is folded behind the N7, the Poetic cover is nearly flush with the right side. The Moko extends a half to 3/4", which complicates one-handed holding. Oh, and, the Moko is raised higher than the glass on the right, where the Poetic is flush with the glass. And finally, the magnets are larger (and there's 3 instead of 2) and seem about twice as strong on the Poetic.

All in all, other than the logo on the Poetic, I really prefer the Poetic.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Some Amazon reviews claim that the Poetic is cheaply made and starts to fall apart after awhile. Any thoughts about that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Some Amazon reviews claim that the Poetic is cheaply made and starts to fall apart after awhile. Any thoughts about that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I've had my last Gen poetic slimline case for the nexus 7 for more than 5 months and it looks and holds like new. So far my new case is the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered a Portenzo. Hopefully it is a nice case. 10% off by liking them on Facebook.

They are amazing cases. I refuse to use any others after having one on my 2012 Nexus. Its not for everyone as its a little bulky and not as easy to handle, but its nothing but quality in build and look.

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well decided to get a portenzo hard case. Ordered it yesterday. Hopefully its nice for that price! Will post pics and what I think about it after I get it.

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I had a case with a blue tooth keyboard. When I sold old tablet I offered the buyer the case thinking with the longer bezel it would not fit. To my surprise it fits, I don't use it often but it was nice I didn't need to purchase another.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Well decided to get a portenzo hard case. Ordered it yesterday. Hopefully its nice for that price! Will post pics and what I think about it after I get it.

I personally havent seen their hard case in person. I always go with the book case one. They released those after the I got mine so it wasnt really an option. Im sure it will be really nice regardless. Everything Ive seen from them is high quality.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
How long did it take to receive your Portenzo? I placed an order earlier this month, but still waiting.
Thanks!

Normally their shipping estimates are reasonably good. Being all handmade, they do take some time, and if you ordered an Alano series or have embossing, figure a little longer... but oh my, they are worth the wait! I had one (Alano Tesoro) on my 2012 N7 and loved it. Only reason I'm not going that route (at least for now) on the new one is I'm hoping to carry a more pocketable solution, and the Portenzo Alanos for the 2013 N7 aren't any slimmer than the 2012 ones.

Best cases I've seen, though, from a luxury standpoint.

Thunnda

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Normally their shipping estimates are reasonably good. Being all handmade, they do take some time, and if you ordered an Alano series or have embossing, figure a little longer... but oh my, they are worth the wait! I had one (Alano Tesoro) on my 2012 N7 and loved it. Only reason I'm not going that route (at least for now) on the new one is I'm hoping to carry a more pocketable solution, and the Portenzo Alanos for the 2013 N7 aren't any slimmer than the 2012 ones.

Best cases I've seen, though, from a luxury standpoint.

Definitely good to know! Can't wait to get my hands on it. This makshift Kindle HD cover blows..

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm curious too....it said 5-7 days to make the portenzo case. My order was placed Friday. Interesting that you had placed yours earlier this month but still waiting! Which case did you order? I ordered the hardback 'plaid' one.

Thunnda

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm curious too....it said 5-7 days to make the portenzo case. My order was placed Friday. Interesting that you had placed yours earlier this month but still waiting! Which case did you order? I ordered the hardback 'plaid' one.

I ordered the BookCase with intelliStand. My order was placed the week of the 4th, so I was hoping it would be here by now. Good things come to those that wait, right? Haha!

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
How long did it take to receive your Portenzo? I placed an order earlier this month, but still waiting.
Thanks!

Mine took like a month almost. I ordered when they did early bird special. I figured it would be awhile from when I ordered since they were still working out the design. Worth the wait for sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer