mathematiker

May 21, 2012
Visit site
So, I think one problem with the unchanged Nexus 7 name will be when people are out looking for new cases, they won't know which case corresponds to which model.

Anyway, I don't think there are any new N7 cases selling right now (there is a sleeve offered by Google and it's quite pricey in my opinion) but I thought I'd start the thread. Post them as you find them!

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
That's a good point. But since people have been referring the new Nexus 7 as "Nexus 7 2013" perhaps the 2013 is the magical keyword to use when searching for cases? Just my thought.
And I have a poetic slimline case for my 2012 Nexus 7. I really hope they make one for the latest one soon!

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Just make sure the description mentions a back camera. That will be the #1 thing I will be looking for. IF wide allows me to upgrade.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure the Asus covers will hit the Play Store in time. I'm not a fan of the current sleeve listed either and $29 for a sleeve is ludicrous.....

nexus15

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I had to buy the bright orange case from an ebay reseller for the 2012 model because it was litterally unsellable to the usa from any other retailer, and it never was available from the play store in the orange color. This to me could very well be another tease. :'(
Asus has 2 different cases shown on their site for it.

The regular travel case similar to last years version...
Travel Cover for Nexus 7 (2013) - Tablet & Mobile Accessories - ASUS

and now a premium version...
Premium Cover for Nexus 7 (2013) - Tablet & Mobile Accessories - ASUS

Wish you could buy these directly from them.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
If you plan on using wireless charging make sure it works with your case. I do wireless charging on my DNA and it works with some cases and not with others. I think for the new Nexus 7 I will go with the clip on screen cover instead of a sleeve or portfolio type case to ensure the back is exposed. Maybe the premium case os thin enough not to interfere with charging.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I had to buy the bright orange case from an ebay reseller for the 2012 model because it was litterally unsellable to the usa from any other retailer, and it never was available from the play store in the orange color. This to me could very well be another tease. :'(

Then you have a case missing the proper hole cutouts for the rear camera, headphones, etc.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I will likely end up with another Portenzo case like my 2012 Nexus 7. I will likely ruin the wireless charging, but I absolutely love their cases.

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Looks like amazon has a super case slim case I like the look but I'm not digging the hand strap on the back of it :/

Edit looks like an august 15 release

The amazing galaxy s3 :D

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Amazon refers to it as the "Nexus 7 FHD"

This one looks promising: Fintie ClickBook Series Folio Hardback Case with Built-in Stand for The New Google Nexus 7 2nd Generation Tablet (Will only fit Google Asus Nexus 7 2 II 2013 Version) - Black

Amazon.com : FINTIE (Black) Slim Fit Folio Stand Leather Case Cover for Google Asus Nexus 7 Inch Android Tablet -9 Color Options : Touch Screen Tablet Computer Accessory Bundles : Computers & Accessories

Not in stock until 8/29/13 and not images, I am only going off of the images for similar tablets.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'd be happy with a TPU case. I have a TPU case for when I'm at home along with a Poetic case when I'm out and about for my OG Nexus 7. Hoping to do the same for this one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay