Wireless charging.....where's the wireless charger?

KathyJN

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Where did you pick your TYLT up at? Having a hard time finding one

In January 2013 I pre-ordered from TYLT on their website. Then there was a delay, and then they cancelled the pre-order in February.Some time later they appeared on Kickstarter, and after that I was given the early bird price and first choice to order when the VU finally became available for investors in August (?). But I got mine on July 3. I am not aware of any other place than TYLT to buy the VU, but you can sign up on their site to be notified when they become available again. TYLT • VU • Wireless Charger

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
In January 2013 I pre-ordered from TYLT on their website. Then there was a delay, and then they cancelled the pre-order in February.Some time later they appeared on Kickstarter, and after that I was given the early bird price and first choice to order when the VU finally became available for investors in August (?). But I got mine on July 3. I am not aware of any other place than TYLT to buy the VU, but you can sign up on their site to be notified when they become available again. TYLT ? VU ? Wireless Charger

Thanks, ordered one from Verizon and got free 2nd day air.

Set Your Location

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Alvin, can I assume you're using it for the 2013 N7? If so, is the Vu big enough to support the N7 in portrait? And if so, more importantly, does it charge in portrait? I'm pretty sure I plan to place N7 in landscape, but am just curious. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Alvin, can I assume you're using it for the 2013 N7? If so, is the Vu big enough to support the N7 in portrait? And if so, more importantly, does it charge in portrait? I'm pretty sure I plan to place N7 in landscape, but am just curious. Thanks.

Yes it will support it but no it does not seem to charge in portrait.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I didn't think it would charge it, but they do tout three coils, so I was hoping one coil might catch the Nexus. Oh, well.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious - is QI charging orientation-specific? I know you have to line up the two parts, but does rotation matter?

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
So I had to unexpectedly swap out my Nexus when it randomly wouldnt start up or take a charge. I got a replacement and noticed this one will indeed work with my wireless charger while the old one wouldnt work at all no matter what I tried. Might have had an issue with battery all around on old one perhaps. Either way, I can confirm it works in landscape mode on a Nokia DT 910 charger. Will be trying with a Portenzo case on it soon.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
For the ones that won't charge wirelessly, the 2 common causes are:
1) physical connection problem in the tablet. The internal Qi charging plate connects to the mainboard using some pins and sometimes the connection is not good. Opening up the unit and cleaning the leads/adjusting the charging area usually fixes this
2) bootloader/firmware confusion (there is a procedure to get the unit charging wirelessly again over at xda)