Wireless charging.....where's the wireless charger?

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I didn't hear anything about Google announcing an actual wireless charger yesterday but the N7 has wireless charging. Did they say whether it would use the Qi standard or not? Does anyone know of a wireless charging pad or stand on the horizon for this? Seems a shame to have wireless charging and then not have anything to charge it with.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a 910 wireless charger, I havent found a way to make it work with Nexus yet. Ill mess with it more in a bit, Im still setting up the Nexus to my liking. Plus Im charging my phone

Dmeade5

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the LG WCP-300 wireless charger which is small and pleasant to look at but a pain to use with my N4 and after spending a half day with it and the new Nexus 7 I feel like I can definitively say these two devices should not be used together. The coil in the N7 is right in the center of the back under the nexus logo and trying to get it and the charger lined up is basically a crap shoot, its far more work then plugging in the power cable which completely defeats the purpose of wireless chargers. Hopefully ill have better luck with my TYLT VU when it finally comes.

gfearz

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up a Nokia DT900, a good fit and seems to be working fine. If you are with Verizon about $40 out the door with your discount $50 without.

Posted via Android Central App

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up a Nokia DT900, a good fit and seems to be working fine. If you are with Verizon about $40 out the door with your discount $50 without.

Posted via Android Central App

I might get one of those to go with my 910 I currently use for my DNA. I really hate using wires to charge anything now.

RLangerman

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the wireless charger for the HP TouchPad. Anyone know whether that will work for the new Nexus? I ordered the 32gb from Google so it isn't here yet so I can't test for myself. Supposed to ship on Wed.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Which do you guys think is the best wireless charger that is completely silent? I can't have beeping by the bed.

Both of the Nokia chargers I posted are silent. But, the nexus plays a short tone when charging starts. It does not make any sound after the charging starts.

rxnelson

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the wireless charger for the HP TouchPad. Anyone know whether that will work for the new Nexus? I ordered the 32gb from Google so it isn't here yet so I can't test for myself. Supposed to ship on Wed.

No. From what I read the HP stuff isn't qi compatible. At least it wasn't with the small touchstone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
No. From what I read the HP stuff isn't qi compatible. At least it wasn't with the small touchstone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

And it does not work with the Touchpad Touchstone either. I tried it on mine. That would have been nice.

tostler

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried yet, as I've yet to pick up the new Nexus 7. The HP TouchPad wireless charger (which I have) is proprietary and does not adhere to the Qi standard. My guess is it will only charge the TouchPad. I don't think you'll risk anything to try. I'd simply be astonished if it worked.

KathyJN

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I use the TYLT VU wireless charger. I got it for my Nexus 4 because the phone kept slipping off the wireless orb. I use the orb at work but it's fussy. At least when it's right next to me I can watch to see if the phone is slipping. At night that's not so easy. The VU works perfectly with my N4 and the new Nexus 7!

The N7 also charges on the orb. I haven't tried long enough to see if it too slides off like my N4 does, though. Perhaps the N7's back surface will grab better than the glass back of the N4. It looks kind of neat on the orb - like it's floating on my desk surface.

Last edited:

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I use the TYLT VU wireless charger. I got it for my Nexus 4 because the phone kept slipping off the wireless orb. I use the orb at work but it's fussy. At least when it's right next to me I can watch to see if the phone is slipping. At night that's not so easy. The VU works perfectly with my N4 and the new Nexus 7!

The N7 also charges on the orb. I haven't tried long enough to see if it too slides off like my N4 does, though. Perhaps the N7's back surface will grab better than the glass back of the N4. It looks kind of neat on the orb - like it's floating on my desk surface.

Where did you pick your TYLT up at? Having a hard time finding one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy