nexus 7 hdmi

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
That is the exact one I have and it works great. I got it for $30. It looks like price gougers destroyed the market for a while. I would suggest waiting a bit, $30 is the average price for one and I would not pay much more than that.
I don't think I am going to buy this because I am not likely to need it, but this seems to fit the bill at the right price, happened to see it in an ad Email and recalled this post: Kanex SlimPort to HDTV Adapter (12") SLIMPORT-ADP B&H Photo $29 w/ free shipping in USA

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Actually I decided to order it after all but being cheap it won't be in till next week. Will advise when i test it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Took it out of the package plugged it to a HDMI cable and connected to the TV, plugged into the 7, waited a few seconds and up popped the 7 screen. Played some YouTube's for about 20 minutes so I guess it works as expected! Did not try the charge port.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Gone2Maui

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Did you have to do anything special to get it to display on the TV? I bought a cable off ebay and it doesn't do anything when I connect it to my HDTV.

Took it out of the package plugged it to a HDMI cable and connected to the TV, plugged into the 7, waited a few seconds and up popped the 7 screen. Played some YouTube's for about 20 minutes so I guess it works as expected! Did not try the charge port.

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Did you have to do anything special to get it to display on the TV? I bought a cable off ebay and it doesn't do anything when I connect it to my HDTV.

I used the Kanex slim port adapter described a few posts above. It connects to the 7 via the micro USB port. The standard HDMI cable runs from the Kanax to the TV, mine is 25 feet long. Took about 5-10 seconds for the screen of the 7 to appear on the TV, did nothing to the 7. When done I disconnected the cable and as expected the TV when dark.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I ordered this one: Cable Matters Micro USB SlimPort (MyDP) to HDMI Male to Female Adapter with 6 Feet USB Charging Cable
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EPMF50...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3160674

Initial impression is good: plugged it in, screen popped up after about 5 seconds. Played short clips from Netflix and MX Player videos without issues. Also a little Pandora for fun. Browser looks pretty good on the TV too. Will report back after watching a full movie or tv episode.

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok I finally had a chance to watch a couple of full length Netflix movies using the adapter from my previous post. I'm very happy with the results. Audio was never out of sync with the video, and there were very few video glitches. On occasion it seems like the video misses a few frames when I have it plugged into my 1080p plasma, but I've never noticed that on my smaller 720p tv, and it hasn't been enough to detract from the experience. Honestly it could be more due to the tablet than the adapter, but it's near impossible to prove. Sounds great with the tv sending an optical surround signal to my AV receiver.

Hellfire

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Just purchased a Slimport SP1003 from Slimportdirect - they sell in canadian dollars, got free shipping so total was $31.50 including tax.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance