What are your top 3 favorite accessories for the Nexus 7 2013?

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
As the title says, I'd like to know what everyone's favorite accessories are for the nexus 7 2013. Perhaps I could get an idea on what to get myself. :D

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
My Tylt Vu wireless charger (expensive, but cool), the S-Line gel tpu case, and since you asked for three, my Moko Ultra Slim case (which is nice looking, but doesn't grab on the left side very well).

Posted via Android Central App

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, I've only bought one accessory for my Nexus 7 so far and it's the Bose Soundlink Mini. The hype is true, sounds awesome and is very portable!

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, I've only bought one accessory for my Nexus 7 so far and it's the Bose Soundlink Mini. The hype is true, sounds awesome and is very portable!

My fav N7 extras are:
SPG screen protector: It takes away the slick silicone feeling of the bare glass screen. It helps with the over sensitivity and allows me to do long presses better. Oh, and it also protects from scratches.

Jawbone mini Jambox bluetooth speakers. Only thing is they are not loud enough. I hope the mini Soundlink is louder. I would have considered buying this if it came out a year ago.

Rocketfish Miracast receiver. It allows me to see flash web vids on my TV by using Firefox on the N7. Take that - Chromecast! I don't have to use my computer or Chrome to cast my browser tabs that show flash video to my TV.

A 4th item would be the Motorola S305 Bluetooth headset. It allows me to make 2 track recordings of my guitar playing and listen to music at work.

Last edited:

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Jawbone mini Jambox bluetooth speakers. Only thing is they are not loud enough. I hope the mini Soundlink is louder. I would have considered buying this if it came out a year ago.

I've used the Jawbone mini Jambox since it was released. I travel alot and the Jambox has been worthy traveling companion. When I heard the Bose, I was shocked. Much louder and significantly better bass response.

The downside to the Bose Soundlink Mini is it is heavier and no speakerphone built in. I never used the speakerphone capability and the weight penalty is worth the improved quality of sound. If you travel and enjoy music like I do, I encourage you to listen to one of these. You will buy it.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I've used the Jawbone mini Jambox since it was released. I travel alot and the Jambox has been worthy traveling companion. When I heard the Bose, I was shocked. Much louder and significantly better bass response.

The downside to the Bose Soundlink Mini is it is heavier and no speakerphone built in. I never used the speakerphone capability and the weight penalty is worth the improved quality of sound. If you travel and enjoy music like I do, I encourage you to listen to one of these. You will buy it.

Not at $199. I don't use the jambox that much and I like the compact ruggedness of it. I got it for $175 about a year ago.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
My fav N7 extras are:
SPG screen protector: It takes away the slick silicone feeling of the bare glass screen. It helps with the over sensitivity and allows me to do long presses better. Oh, and it also protects from scratches.

Rocketfish Miracast receiver. It allows me to see flash web vids on my TV by using Firefox on the N7. Take that - Chromecast! I don't have to use my computer or Chrome to cast my browser tabs that show flash video to my TV.

A 4th item would be the Motorola S305 Bluetooth headset. It allows me to make 2 track recordings of my guitar playing and listen to music at work.

I didn't realize that the N7 supported Miracast....does the Rocketfish receiver enable you to mirror apps to your TV? How is the speed of the video? ....I've been looking for a wireless solution to mirror my N7 to my TV

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I didn't realize that the N7 supported Miracast....does the Rocketfish receiver enable you to mirror apps to your TV? How is the speed of the video? ....I've been looking for a wireless solution to mirror my N7 to my TV

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Yes, but only the 2013 N7 because it has 5GHz WiFi support.
If you look under 'settings' 'Display', it will have a 'Wireless display' option. Turn on 'Wireless display' and search for displays if you have one.

It will mirror anything that is displaying on you N7 screen, but it will include the nav buttons and the clock/ battery display.

Video speed depends on several things, but in general it's ok just not perfect.
The colors are ok, and the voices match the vid, but there always seems to be a weird 'hitch' to the movement of the frames.
If the video is on the N7 flash mem, and if MX player can use HW acceleration, it seems to work best.
It supports 1080p vids, but most of my HD vids are movie rips that are too large to fit on the N7, so I have to stream them from my computer. If I have to do that, I might as well use DLNA server to my Sony BD player. Personal home movie HD vids cast great, look great and move great. This is the most usefull way to use this device!
For Youtube vids, if I have my BD player on, the little screen icon shows up in the Youtube app of the N7 and will cast the vid to the BD player (I think by using WiFi direct), so I don't need Miracast for this.

The only thing I really need Miracast for is to play Android games and watch flash videos (not Youtube) from the web.
The lag is very small, but just enough to make gaming unplayable. (It's right on the edge of being able to play games properly.)
A lot of the ability to use Miracast effectively depends on your personal WiFi network equipment.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Kingston Wireless Flash Drive Reader for Smartphone and Tablet

Amazon.com: Kingston Digital MobileLite Wireless Flash Reader for Smartphones and Tablets (MLW221): Electronics

Store files and videos on any flash drive and use this device to access it wireless with any smartphone (android and iOS) and tablet. Great for travel. The other options are Sandisk Wireless Flash Drive:

Amazon.com: SanDisk Connect 32GB Wireless Flash Drive (SDWS2-032G-E57): Electronics

Or Seagate Wireless Hard Drive:

Amazon.com: Seagate Wireless Plus 1 TB Mobile Device Storage with Built-In Wi-Fi Streaming (STCK1000100): Computers & Accessories

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Store files and videos on any flash drive and use this device to access it wireless with any smartphone (android and iOS) and tablet. Great for travel. The other options are Sandisk Wireless Flash Drive:

Amazon.com: SanDisk Connect 32GB Wireless Flash Drive (SDWS2-032G-E57): Electronics

DUDE that thing is awesome, I could switch Micro SD cards in it, plug it into a wall or car charger and stream a bunch of videos, Sweet! Kind of a bummer that you can only use their video player app though. DO you have this device? Does it play most video files alright or is it picky?

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the SandDisk, but I do have the Kingston. It uses whatever app that you have assigned your tablet/smartphone to play. On my tablet/smartphone, I have MoboPlayer to play all my video files. So that's what it uses to play the video files. I have ezPDF Reader to open all document file types, so that's what it uses to open document type files. The app that you have to download for the device (supports iOS and Android) is like a file directory manager. I believe this is true for the Sandisk and for the Seagate also.

The good thing with the Kingston is that it allows you to make any USB flash drive accessible via wi-fi. The Sandisk is the flash drive itself, so you cannot swap out the flash drive.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, But the video review in the Sandisk one says that it is actually a reader that holds a micro SD card that can be swapped out. The guy also says that you, unfortunately, need to use the internal video player to play video from the Sandisk. The Kingston does seem like a better device out of the two just because it looks more versatile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith