CD player mount in my 2012 Tacoma

dannyd86

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
New Xenomix SHG NX4000 Car CD Player Slot Mount Holder for iPad Galaxy Tablet | eBay
The mount will apparently work for the 1st gen nexus 7 naked. But the only way this will work on the 2nd gen is with a case. Im useing the poetic slim case and it fits perfectly. Which is fine in my mind, that way when I stop somewhere I can quickly toss it in my glove box or wherever and not worry about damaging it. To take it in and out of a case everytime would be a pain.

Vice city with a ps3 controller
2lcb37k.jpg

ODBII reader sending info to this app via bluetooth. Can tap into any sensor available in the truck and tablet and create custom dashes. Volts and MPG are worth it alone since our trucks didnt come with those, plus it acts as a complete code reader/clear codes etc.
2e0s6tl.jpg

Of course you got a media player, this one works pro with these trucks. A few dont have proper bluetooth support, this one works the best. Turn the key and go and wont mess with the bluetooth audio from other apps. Album art and a real equilizer are slick.
nou0jn.jpg

Then of course you got movies, google maps, also several options for offline maps so you can use it without data charges. A sweet dashcam app that I havent set up yet

Everybody needs this in there truck!

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
New Xenomix SHG NX4000 Car CD Player Slot Mount Holder for iPad Galaxy Tablet | eBay
The mount will apparently work for the 1st gen nexus 7 naked. But the only way this will work on the 2nd gen is with a case. Im useing the poetic slim case and it fits perfectly. Which is fine in my mind, that way when I stop somewhere I can quickly toss it in my glove box or wherever and not worry about damaging it. To take it in and out of a case everytime would be a pain.

Vice city with a ps3 controller
http://i41.tinypic.com/2lcb37k.jpg

ODBII reader sending info to this app via bluetooth. Can tap into any sensor available in the truck and tablet and create custom dashes. Volts and MPG are worth it alone since our trucks didnt come with those, plus it acts as a complete code reader/clear codes etc.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2e0s6tl.jpg

Of course you got a media player, this one works pro with these trucks. A few dont have proper bluetooth support, this one works the best. Turn the key and go and wont mess with the bluetooth audio from other apps. Album art and a real equilizer are slick.
http://i39.tinypic.com/nou0jn.jpg

Then of course you got movies, google maps, also several options for offline maps so you can use it without data charges. A sweet dashcam app that I havent set up yet

Everybody needs this in there truck!

Try this one. I have it and it works great with the N7. The best part about this one is it can be used as a desktop stand, a clamp, or a tripod mount. It's also made in USA!
Amazon.com: nGroove Snap Universal CD Slot Car Mount for Cell Phones and Tablets: Cell Phones & Accessories

Or for just the car, try this one.
Amazon.com: InfiniApps Slyde CD Slot Mount for Smartphones, Cradle-less Universal cell phone holder with Quick-snap technology, magnetic cell phone mount: Cell Phones & Accessories

dannyd86

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Try this one. I have it and it works great with the N7. The best part about this one is it can be used as a desktop stand, a clamp, or a tripod mount. It's also made in USA!
Amazon.com: nGroove Snap Universal CD Slot Car Mount for Cell Phones and Tablets: Cell Phones & Accessories

Or for just the car, try this one.
Amazon.com: InfiniApps Slyde CD Slot Mount for Smartphones, Cradle-less Universal cell phone holder with Quick-snap technology, magnetic cell phone mount: Cell Phones & Accessories

Both look like good options. But I can tell from the picture they both stick out just about the same. I'd like it literally half an inch past the opening. That's the thing with universal mounts, they are never sleek/slim. Some are absurd in size lol.

I'll probably end up cutting this one apart and modifying it. Saving the tablet clamp system and attaching it to my own piece in the cd player.

The phone mount in the pic is a barely case mate barely there case glued to a vent mount.