Case Debate

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Now after using the BobjGear rubber case for a few weeks.......I did not take it off and switch with my Poetic Graphgrip or Moko Slim Fit.

Been very happy with the BobjGear as it just makes the tablet easier to handle. I like how i can be a little sloppy picking it up and setting it down. The extra thick bumper around the edges does make it seem bulky and it is more heavy, but the day to day use of handling the tablet as well as the speaker and mic front channels more than makes up for the cons.

The only thing I really miss is having a cover over the screen when I go outside or carry it in a briefcase or back pack. For those times I have a neoprene pouch it goes in. The pouch I have is for a 10 inch tablet.....trying to find a cheap one that fits a 8-8.5 tablet. Most of the 7 to 8 inch tablet sleeves/pouches I see are not quite big enough to allow for the extra size needed with the Bobjgear cover making the overall dimensions about 8.4 x 5 x 3/4 inches.

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Now after using the BobjGear rubber case for a few weeks.......I did not take it off and switch with my Poetic Graphgrip or Moko Slim Fit.

Been very happy with the BobjGear as it just makes the tablet easier to handle. I like how i can be a little sloppy picking it up and setting it down. The extra thick bumper around the edges does make it seem bulky and it is more heavy, but the day to day use of handling the tablet as well as the speaker and mic front channels more than makes up for the cons.

The only thing I really miss is having a cover over the screen when I go outside or carry it in a briefcase or back pack. For those times I have a neoprene pouch it goes in. The pouch I have is for a 10 inch tablet.....trying to find a cheap one that fits a 8-8.5 tablet. Most of the 7 to 8 inch tablet sleeves/pouches I see are not quite big enough to allow for the extra size needed with the Bobjgear cover making the overall dimensions about 8.4 x 5 x 3/4 inches.

Bobjgear has their own carrying case available. I would link it but I'm too lazy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Yea I saw that pack/carrying case awhile back. It is about $20 more than I want to spend and not made of neoprene. I also dont want any straps or handles/buckles or other added things on it.

I am basically looking for a slim neoprene sleeve that just has a fold over opening with maybe velcro to keep it closed. Just like those cheap chinese ones you see all over amazon and ebay. The ones that are like $1 to $9 show below, but the problem is most all of these only fit a nexus 7 2103 without any case on it.

neoCase1.jpg neoCase2.jpg neoCase3.jpg

That is the problem I am finding, most of these types of neoprene or padded sleeves are just too small to allow the extra 1/2 dimensions of length and thickness of the N7 with a BobjGear on it.

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the Moku and do not like it. Way to bulky for my tastes.

Also, I have a slew of Qi chargers (gifts, etc) around the house and the Moku screws up charging with two of them.

Part of the fun of this tablet is how thin it is. No need to take that away with a bulky case, IMO.

Izzy Latham

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Poetic WARNING?! Idk if its just me; however, Bluetooth connectivity is really bad with the magnet placement for instance tryingnto connect my moga comtroller which was bad enough sync wise it just would not connect! It may also effect other antennas WiFi was fine

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I can't speak for the bluetooth but I had the poetic slimline and the surface faux leather started peeling after 4 weeks. I also absolutely hated the single angle fold up stand. Sucks for watching video. Those little foldup stands are flimsy, I'll never do that again.

Anyway I threw that out and got the Moko case. Not the slimline, but the better one that has the multi angle stand. Huge improvement! The quality is better this time too, no pieces coming apart.

javierlp

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I can't speak for the bluetooth but I had the poetic slimline and the surface faux leather started peeling after 4 weeks. I also absolutely hated the single angle fold up stand. Sucks for watching video. Those little foldup stands are flimsy, I'll never do that again.

Anyway I threw that out and got the Moko case. Not the slimline, but the better one that has the multi angle stand. Huge improvement! The quality is better this time too, no pieces coming apart.

Which Moko case are you referring too?

Posted via Android Central App

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Which Moko case are you referring too?

Posted via Android Central App

MoKo Google New Nexus 7 FHD Slim-Fit Multi-angle Stand Cover Case (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep Feature)

717LCmLrZxL._SL1500_.jpg

Crigger540

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was going to get the Moko slimiline multi angle, but it looked bit blukier than I wanted. I ended up with the rooCASE slimshell Oragami. It is awesome. It holds the tablet at several different angles in landscape and can also hold it in portrait (though only at one angle). It is magnetic so it has a sleep/wake function. Finally, the material it is made of feels really, really nice in hand and seems like it will hold up well. All that for $10 in a variety of colors with Prime shipping? I couldn't say no.

Amazon.com: rooCASE Google Nexus 7 FHD Case - Slim Shell Origami Cover (2nd Gen 2013 Model) - BLACK (With Auto Wake / Sleep Cover): Electronics

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2