AdBlock on Nexus 7

Ciwan

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys

Can someone please tell me how I can get AdBlock for Android to work? I have installed it, but I am seeing this:

8dbp.jpg

I don't really know what to do, since this is my first ever Android Device, I was on Apple all my adult life.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys

Can someone please tell me how I can get AdBlock for Android to work? I have installed it, but I am seeing this:

View attachment 93273

I don't really know what to do, since this is my first ever Android Device, I was on Apple all my adult life.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

I think that's normal... If you read the FAQ, you'll see this line here:

How can I make the icon in the notification area go away?

We hear you, the icon is a bit annoying. But right now, it has to be there - otherwise the Android system will just stop the app, and it won't be able to block ads anymore. We have added an option to hide it - this is the best we can do.

If you're not rooted, but sure to follow the setup instructions for setting up the proxy: https://adblockplus.org/en/android-config

If your device was rooted, you could run ad blockers that use the host file instead of a proxy (which is better for several reasons).

Ciwan

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Pete, my device is not rooted, I am determined to test Pure Android without touching and modifying it, so that I can decide which platform is superior for myself :)

I have followed the instructions in the link you provided, and my adblock notification now says 'Adds are blocked on WiFi connection'.

However I think this may have broken something! In YouTube (default app) I am now unable to subscribe to channels ! Are you or anyone else having the same issue?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang