Nexus 7: wireless charging with a case

lanching123

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a poetic slim line case on my 2013 nexus 7. after ordering a nexus 5 and an official nexus wireless charger along with it (the small square one, not the orb), i noticed my nexus 7 would not charge wirelessly with the case on it. is anyone using this combination having this issue? I would like to keep the wireless charger but am willing to get a different nexus 7 case that is similar to the poetic slimline if it means i can wirelessly charge. does anyone have any tried and true suggestions for such a case? thanks for your time and help!

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: wireless charging with a case

The nexus wireless charger is very sensitive to how the phone is placed. Make sure you move it around a bit to find the sweet spot

lanching123

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: wireless charging with a case

I did attempt to move it around carefully on a few occasions. I will certainly try it again but I tried to be very thorough on my first few attempts without any luck. I have a feeling it is not possible with this case but I could be mistaken.

lanching123

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
OK after painstaking trial, I don't think this thing is going to wirelessly charge with this case on this charger. Now I am on the hunt for a similar case that will for sure work with this charger. Any suggestions?

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I use the Poetic with a Nokia dt910 and it works fine although it is slightly touchy about placement.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk