Dear experts,friends,nerds,

It happened on a stressful day.
    I wanted to remove simcard from my Nexus 7 LTE(2013) and pierced a pin into the hole on the side withouth any doubt and noticed it goes too deep. What happened is... I pierced the pin not into Simcard holder but into Microphone. And It damaged sure microphone and battery as well.

After this, it went warmer than before where the batter is and it turned off. In 5 min, temperature turned normal. I opened the cover and took a photo.

I cannot turn on anymore and put charger in but nothing happen. When I keep pressing power button, white LED on bottom blinks 5 times and after some pause 5 times.

So Would you give me some advice ,how I fix this problem? What can I try? I bought this from my friend. I should fix this by myself or repair shop.

Thanks advance for your help.

FOOLISH!! Pierced battery through microphone hole-image.jpeg
    09-22-2014 11:06 AM
    Oddly enough, this doesn't seem like leaking, but if what you pierced was indeed the battery, then that's what you need to replace. It got warmer because that's what faulty batteries do, and it's probably not charging because that's what the protection circuitry does (and that's a good thing...you don't want your phone to blow up due to a faulty battery pack).

As for the mic, only way to find out is to run a test, but since you first need to power up your phone, battery comes first.

It's so weird that you were able to pierce through that far, and again, the battery might not be the only thing that got damaged as there seem to be a couple of wires going through there, at least from the photo.
    09-22-2014 11:43 AM
    I think, there is some minor leaking, because that spreaded part from the middle of pin mark, it was not seen just after I opened the cover but after the battery cool down, I could find.

Yes..you are right. First thing is to change the battery. But I live in Germany and there are no spare battery-seller. I should buy it from the states. I checked the wire you can see but the wire lays a bit higher than the pin mark.

Anyway..I was fool, dumb and crazy to do this...TT
    09-22-2014 02:42 PM
    I hope you can find a quick replacement, I know how hard it can be to live without a smartphone once you're used to it haha.
    09-22-2014 03:19 PM