I've had my Google Nexus 7 (by ASUS) 2013 2nd Generation tablet for a day now. I see a number of posts about wireless charging - each referencing the QI standard. I have a QI transmitter pad, but it doesn't seem to work with my Nexus 7. Since the battery isn't replaceable, and there doesn't appear to be a receiver in the unit, I don't see how it could be wirelessly charged.

Can my tablet be charged wireless?
    01-24-2015 10:52 PM
    The positioning has to be correct. The Qi charging pad has to be applied to a relatively small area in the upper center of the tablet's back. You may have to move it around a bit to locate the spot.

Just to be sure--you definitely have the 2013 N7, and not the 2012, right?
    01-24-2015 11:18 PM
    Thanks, B.Diddy.

I played around and finally found the "sweet spot". But, I'm going to need a different transmitting pad, as mine is too small for the tablet.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-25-2015 08:52 AM
    Thanks, B.Diddy.

I played around and finally found the "sweet spot". But, I'm going to need a different transmitting pad, as mine is too small for the tablet.
    You must have had a defective charger or something because it isn't really that hard to find the correct spot with a good wireless charger.

I have this charger and it has been great for over a year now. I think you will be more than happy with this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU4203376
    01-28-2015 05:42 PM
    Consider this also. It's a cradle so you shouldn't have to move the tablet to find the correct position. Only have to lay it on the cradle in landscape position. I have this and it works perfectly.

Amazon.com: Itian A6 Three Coils Blue QI Standard Wireless Charger Charging Mount Cradle for Samsung S5 S3 Note 3 Nexus 4 Nexus 5 Nexus 7 Iphone 5 5s 5c Nokia HTC LG G2 G3 (Blue)-Shipping from USA: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Wobblin30 likes this.
    02-03-2015 07:45 AM
    Consider this also. It's a cradle so you shouldn't have to move the tablet to find the correct position. Only have to lay it on the cradle in landscape position. I have this and it works perfectly.

Amazon.com: Itian A6 Three Coils Blue QI Standard Wireless Charger Charging Mount Cradle for Samsung S5 S3 Note 3 Nexus 4 Nexus 5 Nexus 7 Iphone 5 5s 5c Nokia HTC LG G2 G3 (Blue)-Shipping from USA: Cell Phones & Accessories
    I bought the Itian 3-coil charger, but it doesn't work with my Nexus 7 (2013). It does work (sometimes) with my Samsung Note 4 phone though. I can get the tablet to charge with some smaller transmitters if I position the tablet just right, so I know the tablet has a receiver in it.

Is there some special way that you're positioning the tablet on the charger?
    02-18-2015 05:27 PM
    I just set it down landscape oriented and somewhat centered. I've not had any issues. One other thing I do is set the tablet/phone onto the base of the cradle then pivot the device backwards to lay on the back of the cradle. I don't slide the device down into the cradle while it is contacting the back. I read somewhere that multiple coils may be activated if you do this and the device may get hot while charging. This may help as you have had success with the single coil chargers.

It will not work in portrait made. Probably coils don't go that high.
    bertsirkin likes this.
    02-19-2015 07:34 AM
    Well, I hadn't tried landscape! I was trying to get it to work in portrait, as it takes up less desk space that way. I did get it to work in landscape - guess that will have to do.

thanks,
    02-19-2015 03:17 PM
    Thanks

Now that I know that cradle will not charge in portrait mode, will pass on it.

Going to be hard to find one designed for the Phablet phones. Don't want to have to piddle looking for the sweet spot.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-23-2015 01:19 PM