Just pulled the trigger on a Nexus 7 2013 but now I need a case recommendation.

I like the case that is durable, light weight but doubles as a stand.

I also would like a Bluetooth (or wireless) keyboard for when I'm studying. It can be part of the case like the Logitech Ultrathin but I prefer having them separate so I can lighten up the tablet for easy carrying...

Any recommendations???

Also, is there a way to plug a thumb drive into a Nexus 7?
    05-30-2015 01:51 AM
    I have this rooCASE Origami, which is excellent--very slim, but sturdy.

You can connect a USB drive using an OTG adapter and Nexus Media Importer.
    05-30-2015 02:43 AM
    I have this rooCASE Origami, which is excellent--very slim, but sturdy.

You can connect a USB drive using an OTG adapter and Nexus Media Importer.
    Thanks, I have them both on the way...
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-30-2015 12:53 PM
    Anyone ever try this keyboard? It got a good review here on Android Central but I was wondering if anyone actually used the keyboard and what they thought about it.
    05-30-2015 12:54 PM
    I've never used that keyboard myself, but one thing to look very carefully for in the reviews is the phenomenon where the Bluetooth keyboard (or the BT connection itself) essentially goes to sleep if you don't type anything for about 5-10 seconds. Then when you start typing again, there's about a half second delay for the keyboard to wake up again, which doesn't sound like much, but if you're a fast typer, it can be pretty irritating, It can also lead to some duplicate letters. I don't know if this is only specific to certain brands, or perhaps to earlier versions of Bluetooth.
    05-31-2015 12:50 AM
    I've never used that keyboard myself, but one thing to look very carefully for in the reviews is the phenomenon where the Bluetooth keyboard (or the BT connection itself) essentially goes to sleep if you don't type anything for about 5-10 seconds. Then when you start typing again, there's about a half second delay for the keyboard to wake up again, which doesn't sound like much, but if you're a fast typer, it can be pretty irritating, It can also lead to some duplicate letters. I don't know if this is only specific to certain brands, or perhaps to earlier versions of Bluetooth.
    Thanks for the tip, anyway to tell in the review or the specs if this is the case? I wasn't aware of this phenomena...
    05-31-2015 02:23 AM
    Not sure about the specs, but if it's a common problem, then it's more likely to be mentioned more than once in reviews. Or you could do a Google search for that particular keyboard, along with the search term "dropped connection," and see if you bring up a bunch of reviews that talk about it. I recently got a cheap Targus BT keyboard from Dailysteals.com for around $10, and found that it had this problem (both on Android and iOS). After discovering it, I Googled it, and found the same problem mentioned in a few different user reviews. Fortunately, Dailysteals gave me a refund and told me just to keep the keyboard anyway.
    05-31-2015 03:08 AM