FAILED remote: Signature mismatched!!!

oraclefoo

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Trying to recover a failed rooting process.

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-tilapia-4.23.img
writing 'bootloader'...
FAILED (remote:Signature mismatched!!!)
finished

Bootloader version FLO-03.05. I am trying to recover fastboot the nexus7 back to stock image.

Thanks for any help or guidance.

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
You are pretty lucky you got the signature mismatch. You are flashing a bootloader for a different device. I think tilapia is 1st gen nexus 7.

I think you better go back and download the correct factory images:

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#razor

Yup that was for for last years Nexus 7. That's why packages like that are signed, to prevent unknowing users from bricking their devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

motorbreath1

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I am also getting the signature mismatched error message. I have the 2012 N7 and am using Wugfresh Nexus Root Toolkit. I downloaded the latest factory images for the correct device. Still having issues. Anyone else experienced this? Is there another way to restore my bootlooped N7?

Navjot Kaur1

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm having a similar issue. My device shows signature mismatch while in the command prompt it says 'InvalidState' on running the bootloader cmd.

Can anyone help please!

romoletto78

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I am also getting the signature mismatched error message. I have the 2012 N7 and am using Wugfresh Nexus Root Toolkit. I downloaded the latest factory images for the correct device. Still having issues. Anyone else experienced this? Is there another way to restore my bootlooped N7?

Hi,
I have the 2012 N7 and am using Wugfresh Nexus Root Toolkit. I have the same problem: writing "bootloader" failed, "Signature dismissessed" and at the end ther is "booting...." but nothing happens.
Did you find a solution?