How can I get back out of the adb sideload screen?

Luzaan

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
I am trying to get the 4.4 update sideloaded, but having issues and want to know how to get out of the screen that says "Now send the package you want to apply to the device with "adb sideload <filename>..." I just need to know how to get back out of this so I can get the correct files.

please help me

Last edited by a moderator:

Smridhi

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
I got it. power button plus volume up, then you can hold the power button to turn off tablet and all is good. Now I just got to see what is wrong with the file.

;) Thank you so so much! O:) Thank you thank you thank you!

And for others who are not able to solve the matter, after pressing the volume up+ power button.....hold the power button for a longer while. That helped in my case!

An2 viz

Apr 3, 2018
Visit site
I have a smasung S7 . it got this message on the screen, " Now send the package you want to apply to the device with adb slideload<filena> how can I get rid of tht pls help

Roostoid

Mar 19, 2019
Visit site
True for: Fire Kindle 2015(?) No home button or "Kindle" on face (if that helps)

In this instance: I cleared cache, factory reset, before booting saw the "Apply ABD Update" but my brain really just saw "Update" so I clicked it thinking, "Hmm i did just factory reset so, I should probably reUpdate" clicked it realised I shouldn't have, and googled "undo ABD Update Fire kinda...." Redirect here read a few comments until I saw the "Power Button plus up volume and hold for 10 + seconds" method (which is how I got to the bios mrrnu to begin with) but it didn't work. After a few tries I tried other combinations of button holds until yellow triangle with an exclamation popped up on screen but wouldn't go anywhere else. Eventually I figured out that if you click power plus volume up 2 times in quick succession that pops up and the same to make it go away. Pointless discovery...I then put the tablet down and came back to this thread and as I kept reading the tablet lit up on its own with a message saying, "ABD update timed out, you can try again in a few minutes" and then returned to the main Bios menu by itself. . .lol so, there it is. It fixes itself, apparently, if you just chill tfo long enough to let it. Laters on tha menjay, Joben.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which ZTE phone? This thread is about the 2013 Nexus 7. Were you trying to flash firmware?