Nexus 7 Won't Turn on (Hard brick)

Jared Black

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Today I decided I would play around with some different ROMs. All was going well. I was becoming adept at flashing, booting, restoring, repeat.

All the ROMs I had tried up to this point were 4.3. I decided to go with something different. I installed OmniRom, which went okay, other than the fact it wouldn't recognize WiFi signals.

As any modern-day geek would do, I took to Google. I found a pretty promising solution that had me flash a firmware zip. This the point at which I made my mistake. As I should have remembered, firmware is DEVICE SPECIFIC. I did not bother to look at what device it was for as I had included "2013 Nexus 7" in my Google search.

The zip I flashed was for the Oppo Find 5. Facepalm.

My device will now not boot at all. I have tried charging for an hour or two from a computer, then a wall charger. The computer does not recognize the device. I've tried every possible button combination to get into recovery, fastboot, normal boot, etc. None have worked.

Anyone have any ideas?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You may have to check out JTAG services. However, JTAG can only do so much. I am not sure if they can save a situation like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar