nexus 7 root questions

Tia Ganter

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
So, I received the nexus 7 last night and had some questions and curiosities about rooting the device.
My boyfriend originally brought up the idea about the mod and mentioned how I could access apps that I wouldn't normally be able to get to and things along that line (pretty vague I know) but as I'm researching the 'benefits of rooting' there seems to be a lot of terms and overall 'basics' that I don't seem to understand.

First off, I understand the risks of rooting. How it voids my warranty, might not work, end up with a paper weight. got it.
Second, I have been attempting to do some research on the topic. even checking out forums and how-tos. I [somewhat] understand how to physically root my tablet.. i've heard people reference using wugfresh as the toolkit to use. Although, any other recommendations would be great.
Third, My overall question is what benefits can I gain from rooting my tablet. Whenever I try and look it up in forums and things there are terms that I just don't understand.. So im basically asking to dumb it down for me so I can understand the REAL benefits of rooting instead of just being able to access other apps.

Thanks for your help :]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37