Nexus 7 2013 needs help with rooting and restoring

jolo

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Please be patient with me as I am a sexagenarian. :)
  • I am running a rooted Nexus 7 2013 using marshmellow version 6.0, build MRA58K.
  • I want to upgrade my Android to the latest version 6.x.
  • There is a System Update available prompt, which I cannot use since I am rooted.
  • I have used Wugfresh in the past to root as well as update while rooting, but as I rarely use the app, I get confused whren I use it and I am trying to finf an easier way
Please help me define some steps in doing this. I am going to list my plans.
  • The mini usb plug on the Nexus 7 is not very stable, so I want to try this without having to plug into my laptop.
  • I have Titanium Backup and I want to take my backup data and copy it over to my Windows 1 laptop via Filedrop. I will “unfreeze” my frozen apps before this backup.
  • I will delete the backup files from my Nexus 7, as my space is tight and there is no SD card for the unit.
  • Then I was thinking of derooting my Nexus 7. Any recommended ways to do this easily and safely?
  • I then plan to then use the conventional Android System Update.
  • After the update, then to root my device. Any recommendations of ways that I can do this without being plugged into my laptop would be very helpful.
  • After it is rooted, I plan to restore the titanium backup files that I have copied to my laptop, using Filedrop.
  • Problem is that I have never done this with titanium backup and don’t know how exactly to restore everything.
  • After that, I should be done.
PLEASE comment on my steps and please make recommendations.

Thanks in advance for your time and expertise.:D
Jon

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital