Home Screen Widgets/Icons

ezzkmo

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming the Nexus 7 has 5 home pages, like ICS and Honeycomb did. The main, middle page seems to be dominated by the "My Library" widget in every preview that I see...with other Google Play recommendation widgets on some of the other homepages as you swipe left and right. Are those mandatory, non-removable widgets? Mainly the huge "My Library" one? Because I don't mind them, but it would really bug me if I am only allowed to put my own widgets (email, clock, weather) on homepage 1 or 5 or something, having to swipe left or right a few times to see them every time I wake the tablet up. Although I would understand, they are really trying to advertise this thing as a window to Google Play.

Also, can the 6 app icons on the bottom (not counting the middle icon that opens all apps) be switched out to other, non-google apps? Cause I would love to change those out as well. Maybe put a couple favorite games and the kindle app (ironic, I know) since I use them a lot.

Just wondered overall how customizable the main home page and bottom app bar is since I haven't seen it addressed...thanks!

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I've read reviewers comment that those widgets can be removed like all other widgets. They're intended to give novice users somewhere to start.

Sent from my AT270 using Tapatalk 2