iPad for Nexus 7?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone. So this is the dilemma. I currently have an iPad, the new one to be exact. I like it. The only problem is, it is very hard living with two app and content ecosystems. I prefer android to iOS. Now, the only problem is that I also use my ipad in place of my laptop at school and at work. 7 inches might be a bit too small for textbooks and productivity. However, if I sell my ipad and laptop, I can make enough to buy the nexus 7 and a decent ultrabook. Should I? Is anyone else in a similar boat?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I also have an iPad (iPad 2) which I'll be selling now in favor of the Nexus7, it's also half the price and I'll have a family of Nexus's now. With the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7

Reactions: luke31

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm not in your boat, but my manager did the same thing. He sold his ipad, pre ordered the nexus 7,and went to best buy and picked up a new laptop. Sure it's more devices, but everything is covered.

Reactions: luke31

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
In practical terms, that's perfect. I attempted to jot notes using my ipad, and it's not too comfortable. Tablet can be for consumption, laptop for productivity.

doomtuba

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a 3rd Gen iPad which I am selling once I get my Nexus tab :D

I have an ultrabook for my university needs. I'd get the ultrabook and Nexus 7 combo if you're able to.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I was planning on getting an iPad until I saw this. Now I'm definitely getting a Nexus7 and putting that saved money towards a new laptop for the family.

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I love the fact that you can buy 2 Nexus 7s for the price of 1 iPad. For me, I want something smaller that I can easily use while watching TV on the couch and this will definitely work well for that. I had a Blackberry Playbook for about a week and that was a good size but the OS was somewhat lacking (although if you've seen recent videos, BB10 could be a contender if they can ever release it).

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Damn you Google. Bit the bullet and bought it, gonna sell my ipad once I get it.

Reactions: svfd757

Aesopbx

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
is it greedy that I have an ipad2 and pre-ordered the nexus 7 with no plans of selling the ipad2? I like the ipad2 for work (taking notes, doing presentations) and I plan on using the nexus for reading, gaming and watching movies.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
is it greedy that I have an ipad2 and pre-ordered the nexus 7 with no plans of selling the ipad2? I like the ipad2 for work (taking notes, doing presentations) and I plan on using the nexus for reading, gaming and watching movies.

Not greedy at all. I'll just use my laptop for note taking if need be, but if you are comfortable with taking notes on your iPad, why change it?

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea what I'm going to do! I have the new iPad (LTE) and just ordered the Nexus 7. I used to use the iPad a lot at college but I just graduated so it's sorta just been sitting around EXCEPT that I also have an Apple TV. At this point the ONLY thing holding me back from selling the iPad is losing Airplay.

I won't miss mobile data since I stopped using it after the first month. I also have a new Samsung Series 5 550 Chromebook and I figure between that, the Nexus 7 and my Galaxy Nexus I should be fine. What I think I'll do is wait a couple weeks after I get the Nexus 7 and see if I ever feel a desire to use my iPad and if not, I'm selling it.

Of course that leaves me with my Airplay predicament... I briefly looked into Google TV but I haven't been too impressed with what I've seen. I'm thinking I might get a Chromebox and hook it up to the TV and just do all my streaming from that...though I'd want to find a good remote control solution for that.

Okay I'm rambling, but the point is I tried telling myself I didn't need the Nexus 7 because I already had an iPad...and that lasted all of 20 hours. It's great to see so many others in this thread willing to ditch their iPads:)

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I just sold my iPad to buy the nexus 7 for myself and one for my gf for her birthday, but I'm having some doubts. I think about keeping the iPad but I realize I'm so much happier on Android than iOS with my phone so tablets shouldn't be too different right?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

terminalnonchalance

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I would totally ditch my new iPad if it were not issued to me by my employer. So the nexus for fun and iPad for work.

The iPad is pretty damn nice though... It will still be coveted in certain ways. Needless to say I am very excited about the Nexus 7.

Dude I'm mobile

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
If it weren't for Airplay...I'd have no regrets leaving iOS altogether. So I'll probably stick with both, at least for the time being.

Also...is it mid July yet?

pdhahn

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I still have an original ipad, which I will probably keep around, but it will be forever banished to the kitchen and deemed the "recipe machine" once my Nexus arrives.

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Sold me 3rd gen iPad on craiglist and per ordered the nexus 7. Pretty pumped about it actually. There is gonna be some badass Roms for it no doubt

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Only hard thing is adjusting to the screen size, and but the nexus 7 will be so much lighter in the hand.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz