What Acessories would you like to see for the Nexus 7?

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Any one else excited to get a pogo pin dock for this bad boy? (Assuming they release one)

I'd also like to see some nicer third party cases. I can't get excited to pay $20 + $10 shipping for that rubbery grey one on google play.

nexus_7_cover_banner_001.jpg

woof

N33k5

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
No chance of a pogo dock it doesn't have the pins for it. The case on the other hand isn't too horribly priced if you look at like the cost for similar cases for the Kindle Fire. I would like to see a decent dock though and maybe some other options on the case front but those will come with time. Plus I like the idea of stealth gear that people won't pick up because it doesn't look good enough to steal. ; )

Edit: You could put stickers or other kinds of decals on a simple case like the grey one. Make it look personal and epic!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

ack154

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
No chance of a pogo dock it doesn't have the pins for it. The case on the other hand isn't too horribly priced if you look at like the cost for similar cases for the Kindle Fire. I would like to see a decent dock though and maybe some other options on the case front but those will come with time. Plus I like the idea of stealth gear that people won't pick up because it doesn't look good enough to steal. ; )

Edit: You could put stickers or other kinds of decals on a simple case like the grey one. Make it look personal and epic!

Are these the pins you're talking about?

http://www.engadget.com/photos/nexus-7-review/#5123372

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Are these the pins you're talking about?

Nexus 7 review - Engadget Galleries

yea it most definitely has the pogo pins. but I am now thinking the tablet might look better in portrait than in landscape opposed to the G nex. Would be cool just to have it docked on your desk charging and just pull it off and run out there door. I wouldnt want to lay it flat and plug it in like a phone.

GIVE US THE DOCKS GOOGLE

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I would love a better case as well. I mean, I still ordered the thing...but I really, really want something...sleeker?

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I would love a better case as well. I mean, I still ordered the thing...but I really, really want something...sleeker?

Hell, cases for 7" tablets abound. Get one for the Galaxy Tab or get a Playbook case on the firesale that RIM will soon be having, LOL.

The Fire or B&N tablet cases would fit for this as well.

On another note, I'd like this to support USB OTG. No indication that it does, any speculation?

Last edited:

Salacon

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I can think of that would be nice to me is some sort of accessory that would prop the tablet up so that it's angle-able (yeah, that's probably not a word...).

I don't care for cases and such things on my devices, but I think something that could allow a way to support the tablet without having to hold it would be nice.

Of course, I haven't actually used the thing yet; maybe I'll end up deciding, for whatever reason, that I don't even need that either.

N33k5

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
My apologies I hadn't seen them listed anywhere. Kind of odd that they would launch with a case that would hinder there use...

N33k5

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
On another note, I'd like this to support USB OTG. No indication that it does, any speculation?

GNex and I believe the Nexus S both support USB OTG its part of the Android code if I remember correctly. I could be completely wrong again, but I know that game pads were part of the reason they implemented it in the first place. You can't tell me Google wasn't pushing gaming with N7. :)

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It was really disappointing that the Galaxy Nexus pogo dock didn't arrive until about 6 months after the phone was released.

I guess Google is playing it smarter now by not even mentioning it, so we won't be too disappointed when it shows up this Christmas.

I want a pogo dock for my Nexus 7, but I'm pretty sure it'll arrive so late that it'll feel like a waste of money to buy it then.

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see a screen protector... Unless they are available. Like to get it before I get it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

sashy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I am looking forward for a car dock. With 7 in size its good for reading books and perfect for navigation. I tether my nexus one ph so its ok not to have 3g or 4g on this one.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

Doxcyguy617

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I would like both a desktop and car dock that utilize the pogo pins.

In the meantime, I ordered these two car dock contraptions -

Amazon.com: PH-PAD+ME-SA: 5.5" Low Vibration Winshield Mount for iPad 1/2, Amazon Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Motorola Xoom, Android Tablet: Electronics

Amazon.com: Car Suction Cup Mount Holder for Ipad Ipad 2 GPS DVD Ebook LCD: Computers & Accessories

I couldn't tell which looked better. I am hoping that this is just temporary until an OEM car dock utilizing the pogos comes out.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
that rubber looking case is busted!!

the colorful ones posted on the front page the other day were alright, albeit apple-ish.

I'll take a case made of something smooth, non rubberized, in black :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech