Anyone ONLY having the nexus 7?

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
im thinking about selling my galaxy tab 10.1 for the nex7. I dont take my gtab anywhere because its a bit too cumbersome. I dont see the need for 2 tabs so it will be my only one.

sp44

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
No way am I giving up my iPad 2. Too much real estate to give up. Not to mention the apps. Selling Touchpad to get the 7. Also got the SG3.

reznaeous

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I took my Galaxy Tab 7+ to Game Stop last night and traded it in towards a Nexus 7 16GB preorder. The GTab was okay, but just not that great. Even after switching to Go Launcher instead of Touchwiz it would bog down and get all laggy at random times. The IR port was an interesting concept, but the one app I could find that used it - the Peel app that came preinstalled - just totally sucked.

The good part from the GTab 7+ was that using it showed me that the 7" format fit my needs very nicely. I mostly was using it for reading ebooks and magazines, as well as watching Netflix quite a bit. And if I was going somewhere it was small enough to slide right into the side pocket of my cargo pants.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
It will be my only tablet, but I also have a Logitech Google TV that does some of the duties one might use a tablet for (when watching tv anyway).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I will be back up to two tablets when I get the Nex7. It will be added to my Playbook. In the past I have owned an iPad, 2 Galaxy Tab 7s, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus, Acer Iconia 500, Dell Streak, Kindle Fire, Archos 5 and a cheapie Augen 7.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I took my Galaxy Tab 7+ to Game Stop last night and traded it in towards a Nexus 7 16GB preorder. The GTab was okay, but just not that great. Even after switching to Go Launcher instead of Touchwiz it would bog down and get all laggy at random times. The IR port was an interesting concept, but the one app I could find that used it - the Peel app that came preinstalled - just totally sucked.

The good part from the GTab 7+ was that using it showed me that the 7" format fit my needs very nicely. I mostly was using it for reading ebooks and magazines, as well as watching Netflix quite a bit. And if I was going somewhere it was small enough to slide right into the side pocket of my cargo pants.

Dude! You needed to upgrade peel the newer version was 10 times better and actually worked IF it liked your cable company. It liked when I had comcast and Motorola equipment but it did not like the brand new cisco boxes that Verizon FIOS was using. Probably they were too new and the codes were not programmed in yet.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My first tablet was an Acer Iconia A500 which I still have and use daily around my house. It's a 10-inch tablet running Honeycomb but I rooted it and installed a custom ICS ROM. It works fine and has great battery life, but a bit too heavy and big for me to carry around outside of my house. So for my birthday last year my wife bought me a Kindle Fire when they first came out. I really like the size for toting around town and when I'm on business trips, but the on screen keyboard is a bit small to type over my 10-inch Acer Iconia. I'll probably continue using my Acer and future Nexus 7 tablets in the same fashion, and will sell my Kindle Fire soon to get some money out of it.

Now, if I had to choose between the 10" or 7" tablet, I'd probably get the 7" for sake of portability and lower cost.

Sent from my Acer Iconia A500 using Android Central Forums

acegolfer

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
My family has touch pad, I pad, nook color, iPod touch and 2 android phones. N7 will replace nook which is my go to device around the house.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

area223

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
First and hopefully only for a while. Unless a 10 inch comes out for a decent price and I wanna give this to my parents as a gift.

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I will likely give up the iPad2 to my wife once I get the Nexus 7, but I want to make sure I like it first. I have bought and returned/sold:

HP Touchpad (Wifi)
7" Galaxy Tab (Vzw)
7" Galaxy Tab Plus (Tmobile)
HTC Evo View 4G (Sprint)
Motorola Xyboard 8.2 (Vzw)
Blackberry Playbook (wifi)
7" Galaxy Tab Plus (Wifi)

Every one of these I had some problem with and didnt find it worth getting rid of my iPad. My favorite so far has been the Playbook (and i would have considered selling the ipad, but the Apps werent there). My favorite Android was the original 7" Galaxy Tab since it was the most stable (plus I was expecting the least out of it since it was an older device). All the others were either unstable or not worth the money.

So, needless to say, I am hoping that the $199/$249 Nexus 7 has the smoothness/interface I want, while providing the apps I need. If it does, then the wife will likely inherit the iPad.:)

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Every one of these I had some problem with and didnt find it worth getting rid of my iPad. My favorite so far has been the Playbook (and i would have considered selling the ipad, but the Apps werent there). My favorite Android was the original 7" Galaxy Tab since it was the most stable (plus I was expecting the least out of it since it was an older device). All the others were either unstable or not worth the money.

So, needless to say, I am hoping that the $199/$249 Nexus 7 has the smoothness/interface I want, while providing the apps I need. If it does, then the wife will likely inherit the iPad.:)

I agree with this. Tablets are the same as digital cameras with me, I have owned a ton of them in the past and I find myself getting rid of them because the features I am looking for aren't there. But the Nexus 7 easily replaces my Blackberry Playbook because of the app store.

jeres88

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm working on selling my Xoom now so I can get a Nexus 7. This will be my only Android tablet, but I do plan on getting a Win8 tablet since it will make a better laptop replacement.

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 7 will be my only tablet but not my first. I had the original iPad when it first came out and I sold it right before the iPad 2 came out. I`ve been tabletless since then. The new iPad with its retina display does catch my attention. But im planning a wedding and anyone married knows that isnt cheap. So right now i dont have the budget for a 500+ tablet. The nexus 7 is perfect for me. Im not new to Android as I previously had an Evo 4g and then swapped that out got an iPhone 4s. Im glad the price point gives me the opportunity to purchase a rather cutting edge tablet and it`ll also allow me to get back to using Android.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm returning my Kindle to get the Nexus 7. I can't afford any more and for me one is plenty. In my world Gadget Lust has to stop somewhere, LOL!

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7 will be my first and only tablet. I played around with my fiance's sister-in-law's kindle fire last night to get a feel for the size, and i have to say that i LOVED it.

I cannot wait to get that compact perfect size of a tablet into my hands.

I was always one of the "nay sayers" and badmouthing the point of a tablet, saying its pointless, blah blah blah.

But to be honest it was more of the price point. For the $250 plus tax and shipping i'm paying for this, so much more worth it.

doogie1

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Tab but, it's too overloaded with the kids junk. The N7 will be mine and, let the kids have the Galaxy Tab.

Moonbase0ne

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I was just about to go get the Samasung Galaxy Tab 7 2 yesterday, then I read up on the Nexus 7 so decided to order it instead. I am giving my Kindle Fire to my neice.

Between my Samsung Galaxy Note and a Nexus 7, I think I will be covered as far as tablets/mini tablets go.

pdhahn

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably hang onto my original ipad, mainly because there are a couple apps on it that aren't available on android and I'm somewhat invested in the Apple ecosystem. Other than that I'm sure the ipad will get used by my girlfriend for the most part.