Google I/O and Nexus 7 on the big screen?

enjoylife949

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I watched some of the Google I/O videos and at one point they showed the Nexus 7 in the foreground and the big screen in the background which was mirroring the Nexus 7 screen. How did they do that if there is no HDMI out or MHL on the Nexus 7?

I just found this on the android police:
"However, during day one when a guy was interviewing 3 people about the Nexus 7 and the Q, the guy asked about being able to display it on the big screen, referring to the tv in the background that the Q was hooked up to, and all the guy did in response was have a big grin on his face and say "we can't talk about that yet"

Anyone know more about this?
Maybe the Nexus 7 will be able to use the Q for "air play" to a TV ???

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Ever hear of streaming over wifi? These days, just because something isn't wired doesn't mean content can't get from "there" to "here".

There's money to be made by developers with the small holes left in the stock Nexus 7. USB-OTG and external storage, video stream to big screen.

A pattern looks to be developing. Google is under cutting the competition (and it's own partners in some ways), but the door isn't locked. This thing can be improved on, added to and enhanced by the development community, and will be.

Foyt20

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Ever hear of streaming over wifi? These days, just because something isn't wired doesn't mean content can't get from "there" to "here".

There's money to be made by developers with the small holes left in the stock Nexus 7. USB-OTG and external storage, video stream to big screen.

A pattern looks to be developing. Google is under cutting the competition (and it's own partners in some ways), but the door isn't locked. This thing can be improved on, added to and enhanced by the development community, and will be.

Thats the point of open source. So although the phone companies lock stuff down, google thrives on other people doing the design and then "buttering" up the final product in the next version. Ultimate sign of customer feedback. And, having other people produce saves on developing and lets google focus on the future.

Apple wants you to consume what they put down in front of you and just swallow it. Google wants you to pick up the apple, and make a delicious pie out of it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante