have Samsung Tab 2 7.0 with 64GB SD card ... is Nexus 7 for me?

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 tablet 8GB.(only 4GB available to the user)
However, I also have a Sandisk 64GB microSDXC(formatted to FAT32) that I use in
this tablet. The card it filled to nearly the maximum capacity, with less than 630MB
of space remaining. Those files include 720p MKVs, music(FLAC & MP3), photos,
magazines(PDF), comic books(CBZ), as well as document files(*.doc and *.xls).

I am very interested in the Nexus 7 because as much as I like my current Tab 2 7.0,
it's hardware specs are severely outdated.

The only thing that bothers me is the lack of microSD card slot in the Nexus 7. I'm on
the road a lot and having my files with me is important. Some of the places that I travel
don't have any cellular coverage, so no way to tether to my smartphone to get WiFi.
Also, I fly quite a bit and in-flight Wi-Fi is currently slow and way too expensive...

Is the Nexus 7 a good fit for my uses? Or am I better off waiting a few months before
Samsung releases another 7-inch tablet with quad-core and other upgraded specs for
under $249.(which I have no doubt will happen.... well... it is Samsung and they have
this natural urge to release a tablet every full moon :D )

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
See what I'm doing is rooting my nexus 7 and using stick mount to mount a 32GB thumb drive using a micro USB to USB adapter. so if you can live with doing that then you are good to go

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: have Samsung Tab 2 7.0 with 64GB SD card ... is Nexus 7 for m

Someone please shut down this thread. It is pointless and the original thread creator answers his own question.

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

See what I'm doing is rooting my nexus 7 and using stick mount to mount a 32GB thumb drive using a micro USB to USB adapter. so if you can live with doing that then you are good to go

wait.... the Nexus 7 can only accept 32GB thumb drives? How about the 64GB ones? :(

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm not for sure. Just bought an HP 32GB thumb drive since it was 20 dollars. But it should work if formatted to fat32

djflan

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 tablet 8GB.(only 4GB available to the user)
However, I also have a Sandisk 64GB microSDXC(formatted to FAT32) that I use in
this tablet. The card it filled to nearly the maximum capacity, with less than 630MB
of space remaining. Those files include 720p MKVs, music(FLAC & MP3), photos,
magazines(PDF), comic books(CBZ), as well as document files(*.doc and *.xls).

I am very interested in the Nexus 7 because as much as I like my current Tab 2 7.0,
it's hardware specs are severely outdated.

The only thing that bothers me is the lack of microSD card slot in the Nexus 7. I'm on
the road a lot and having my files with me is important. Some of the places that I travel
don't have any cellular coverage, so no way to tether to my smartphone to get WiFi.
Also, I fly quite a bit and in-flight Wi-Fi is currently slow and way too expensive...

Is the Nexus 7 a good fit for my uses? Or am I better off waiting a few months before
Samsung releases another 7-inch tablet with quad-core and other upgraded specs for
under $249.(which I have no doubt will happen.... well... it is Samsung and they have
this natural urge to release a tablet every full moon :D )

Do you even have to ask?.....everything in your post says wait, unless you can break your habit of carrying every bit of data you own with you.

I would also ask do you honestly use the data you take with you...as in all of it?

If you find you can make the sacrifice, you will not be disappointed in a Nexus product.

Perhaps also consider converting some movies to slightly lower quality as it can save a lot of space.

The market is primed for reactions from every major player...so even if you do wait a bit, you are bound to find a deal somewhere.

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I found this thread informational. Thanks. I am so torn between the tab 2 7.0 and nexus 7.

Is there another option I am not considering? Leveno? others?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton