Apps that don't work on the Nexus 7

nytrekkie

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I have contacted Bright House and they say "we are currently working on getting it to work with Jelly Bean. The current version was recently updated to work with Ice Cream Sandwich. Our developer knows of the situation. We will definitely make sure to keep everyone informed when the update does come out."

Last edited:

Lil Jaye

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure if it works or not. It said it needed a update. I tried to update it and it said not compatible with my system. It there in the system though..
Very confusing.:-\

eBandit21

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Are there any games that use the g-sensor/accelerometer that do not properly work? I assume the nexus 7 has decent sensors and wouldn't be an issue. I am looking into getting a nexus 7 and my first "cheap" tablet attempts had too many issues, one of them had a cheap accelerometer and wouldn't pickup on enough axis to work with many games.

Thanks

anfroid

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
go to 1mobile.com and download their app, that will let you search all apps even if they arent compatible under the play store, worked for me.

Reactions: pdxman

eBandit21

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
iFishing Lite and iFishing SW Lite wont load for me. Since the free version it first opens an add asking to sign up or no thanks. I hit no thanks and it never loads the game. I tried those on a previous cheapo tab and they loaded but the cheap tab didnt have good enough sensors to operate them correctly.

anyone else try with better luck? *edit, now I try and the ad doesn't pop up and the one loads (have yet to try other). I really wont play them, was just showing someone else.

I tried another game (going to delete cause its dumb- Road Warrior, and it had the start screen jitter some, then showed an ad, I hot no thank you and it closed the game, the second try it opened and played.

Do some games act this way when free version and caused by not clicking yes or signing up for ads?
Also for games that don't work would it be more the Jelly been OS or the tablet itself? Thanks

Last edited:

TANDC

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Have sports tap as an app, didn't have the widget on but works fine and can set up favorties!

try uninstall, re install

- - - Updated - - -

HBO Go Installs, let's me sign in, looks beautiful. It only plays through the "rating" screen then loads forever.

NextIssue (as expected) doesn't work, loads, let's you sign in and then goes into a crash loop after you "pin" a title (depressing as this seems to be the only way to continue my Entertainment Weekly digital subscription)

HBO Go now is updated and working fine..little lag

tomhowells

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

Trying to set up my Exchange email account through the native nexus 7 email app.

The details I've entered (domain/user; password; server; SSL settings and port) all match my Outlook Exchange settings.

Despite this, the application raises an error message stating "Couldn't finish: Couldn't open connection to server."

My internet connection is on and I'm able to browse the web as usual through Chrome.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to solve?

Thank you!

Tom

LordJohnWhorfin

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The SiriusXM app was updated this morning (September 13, 2012) and works great. Includes all the new features available on the iOS app (delayed start, show download...).
Even better, it works through my company's horrible HTTP proxy (the iOS version won't). Shame it took so long, and Sirius could have communicated better, but at least it's here now and works great. Yai!

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

Trying to set up my Exchange email account through the native nexus 7 email app.

The details I've entered (domain/user; password; server; SSL settings and port) all match my Outlook Exchange settings.

Despite this, the application raises an error message stating "Couldn't finish: Couldn't open connection to server."

My internet connection is on and I'm able to browse the web as usual through Chrome.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to solve?

Thank you!

Tom

Known bug in 4.1. No indication when the fix will be pushed out.

// Posted from my Nexus 7 with the Android Central app :) //

billydkid5

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Whoever said Skype works needs to explain. I read that the camera is NOT useable for skype. I tried and I can connect to calls just fine but NO freaking camera. This nexus 7 has been a real dissapointment. I bought it to run credit cards for my business using Paypal HERE and that APP also DOES NOT WORK on the google nexus 7. Contacted paypal they said it's googles problem. GOOGLE SUPPORT ARE UNEDUCATED ON ALL THINGS GOOGLE AND ARE ZERO HELP. HOW CAN GOOGLE, THE OWNER OF ANDROID PUT OUT ITS OWN TABLET AND NOT FREAKING HAVE IT'S VERY OWN APPS WORK ON IT? IM TIRED OF WAITING....
REFUND TIME.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Whoever said Skype works needs to explain. I read that the camera is NOT useable for skype. I tried and I can connect to calls just fine but NO freaking camera. This nexus 7 has been a real dissapointment. I bought it to run credit cards for my business using Paypal HERE and that APP also DOES NOT WORK on the google nexus 7. Contacted paypal they said it's googles problem. GOOGLE SUPPORT ARE UNEDUCATED ON ALL THINGS GOOGLE AND ARE ZERO HELP. HOW CAN GOOGLE, THE OWNER OF ANDROID PUT OUT ITS OWN TABLET AND NOT FREAKING HAVE IT'S VERY OWN APPS WORK ON IT? IM TIRED OF WAITING....
REFUND TIME.

Bye bye, don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out. I don't know how you equate PayPal and Skype being Google apps , but anyhoo .... :rolleyes:

// Posted from my Nexus 7 with the Android Central app :) //

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
REFUND TIME.

Skype works just fine for me. The camera works well, without a problem. I can even use a Bluetooth headset with a little fiddling and activating the BTMon app.

Do you have stock Jelly Bean, or have you customized it somehow? If you have not changed anything, then perhaps you have a defective unit in terms of the camera.

I also haven't had a problem with PayPal, though I use it for personal, not business purposes. I'm not an expert on this app, but I don't see anything about running credit cards with it. Any deficiency with the app would be the responsibility of PayPal, not Google.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech