Apps that don't work on the Nexus 7

bkook74

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
This is too much work... My wife is about to kill me for getting Nexus because her favorite cooking apps doesn't run on Nexus 7.
At least i don't have this kind of problem on iOS devices... Sad....

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Square and other payment card readers wont work on the Nexus 7 Tablet. Anyone know of any card reader that works? THANKS!!

Most of the card readers use the headphone/microphone jack and actually do a clever little bit of whoduggery where the reader actually takes the mag stripe and translates it to sound a'la a cassette player (yes, I'm old) and the application hears the playback and, just like an analog modem (again, I'm old), interprets it into data.

Alas, the Nexus 7 completely lacks a microphone in its headphone jack.

The Nexus 7 does, however, have Bluetooth. A variety of credit card readers are available that can use that instead.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
This is too much work... My wife is about to kill me for getting Nexus because her favorite cooking apps doesn't run on Nexus 7.
At least i don't have this kind of problem on iOS devices... Sad....
:D
There's a reason for that chum. It's called "The Great Walled Garden of Apple." They restrict access to the store. They pilfer an amazing percentage of every app sale. The technology of iOS devices is about a year and a half behind Android, which ensures stability, user complacency, and a general lack of risky, innovative features (but Apple is the one that innovates, we're told endlessly).

Yes the Android market is a bit more Wild West, but if you read carefully and use good judgment you'll never install a dud. And there are oh so many more choices!

Last edited:

lfeuln

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Accuweather Premium's latest update has not only hijacked the lockscreen but actually *lost* compatibility with the Nexus 7 on Google Play. WTF???

Meanwhile still waiting on CNN and Amazon Mobile (and unimpressed with both).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

lfeuln

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
It does but you need Adobe Air installed as well (I hope this changes eventually).

Accuweather's Nexus 7 compatible again since so many complained about the lockscreen hijacking, so they rolled back to the prior version. At least they responded to that quickly.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Dead Trigger did work...then stopped...then worked...then stopped wtf
Also shadow gun beta for Terra 3 devices only doesn't work.... I must admit I just understand why apps are not compatible with NEXUS devices. Isn't the nexus code the ground work for developers ? If so then y are apps compatible with non nexus devices and not nexus devices?

steve1time

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Xbox smart glass although its been said the nexus 7 is a true android device. why is it available for Samsung s3 which is not a true android
Device. Right now I know which one I would choose. S3 is so much smoother too.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

steve1time

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Google navigation. Why would you put this on the nexus 7 its no use without a data stream. Or unless you carry your modem plugged into a generator and a veeery long lead to plug into it. Haha what crap..

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Google navigation. Why would you put this on the nexus 7 its no use without a data stream. Or unless you carry your modem plugged into a generator and a veeery long lead to plug into it. Haha what crap..

In Maps, "save for offline use."

Or... Buy the new 3G Nexus 7. ;)

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Xbox smart glass although its been said the nexus 7 is a true android device. why is it available for Samsung s3 which is not a true android
Device. Right now I know which one I would choose. S3 is so much smoother too.

It can be done. Search online for the .apk and then you can sideload.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Keeb13r

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
The APK installs, but I'm not convinced that you can control your Xbox 360 with the app on a Nexus 7. For me, it just says "Connecting" forever, even with my 360 turned on and the Smartglass setting enabled in my Console Settings.