Google Play now list Nexus 7 new orders ship 1 to 2 weeks

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
12.jpg

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So maybe the people talking about the "waves" of shipments were right.

Maybe If you ordered when the page said 2 - 3 weeks, you will get it in the first wave, and now that it says 1 to 2 weeks you will get it in the 2nd wave.

of course one of the only reason i think this is because i ordered it when it was 2 - 3 weeks :p

But honestly it would somewhat make sense so anyone who orders if after a certain time get a different estimate on their orders.

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
It makes sense seeing as how that has been true for all other tech devices. Hell look at Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii. If you didn't pre-order or get at midnight launch you were up creek without a paddle for a while.

CWick4141

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
So maybe the people talking about the "waves" of shipments were right.

Maybe If you ordered when the page said 2 - 3 weeks, you will get it in the first wave, and now that it says 1 to 2 weeks you will get it in the 2nd wave.

of course one of the only reason i think this is because i ordered it when it was 2 - 3 weeks :p

But honestly it would somewhat make sense so anyone who orders if after a certain time get a different estimate on their orders.

The cut off must been yesterday if this is true. I pre ordered from Google Play yesterday at about 9AM EST and it said 2-3 weeks and today says 1-2.

I was thinking about cancelling my Google Play order and going with Staples since they actually show dates, but I'll just try and patiently wait for mine and stick with Google Play.

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
The cut off must been yesterday if this is true. I pre ordered from Google Play yesterday at about 9AM EST and it said 2-3 weeks and today says 1-2.

I was thinking about cancelling my Google Play order and going with Staples since they actually show dates, but I'll just try and patiently wait for mine and stick with Google Play.

Only issue is you can no longer cancel your Google Play purchase because "They are being prepped for shipping"

CWick4141

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Only issue is you can no longer cancel your Google Play purchase because "They are being prepped for shipping"

Yea I was reading about people having that problem, its not worth the hassle to call and even try.

I just assumed getting it directly from Google I might get it a day or 2 earlier than say Staples, hope this holds true.

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I hope so too, I would hope that it ships today and gets here by the 12th, or 11th. Or that it ships tomorrow and gets here by the 12th or 13th.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
This is good news for everyone as it means that we are THAT much closer to shipment day... but maybe they mean 1-2 weeks for everyone? I mean, we heard of waves for retailers, but thus far the whole waves assumption from Google Play is pure speculative rumor (I think the article that started it mentioned that a CS Rep said that, and we know how reliable that is). I really hope I'm wrong and that we who ordered by the 29th get them this week or early next week, but idk...

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'll be a little peeved if people who ordered from Staples or Gamestop get theirs before those of us who pre-ordered through Google. Hell, I ordered mine within minutes of the Nexus 7 page going live.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'll be a little peeved if people who ordered from Staples or Gamestop get theirs before those of us who pre-ordered through Google. Hell, I ordered mine within minutes of the Nexus 7 page going live.

i PERFECTLY agree, I think there should be a reason why we paid more for shipping and tax. By buying from the Play Store, we are apparently buying straight from the source... the same source that has to ship to retailers. So it would be unfair if we paid more and got them same day or later as non-play store orders.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
This may be a dumb question, but why do they not give a concrete release date? What's the advantages of not doing that?

Not dumb at all, many people have been asking it (including myself). I think the reason is that there have been so many botched release dates with Android phones. People were getting upset when they were supposed to get said phone on said date, and it happened to get pushed back a few weeks. I think Google is just taking every precaution to prevent that from happening.

Reactions: Jellyrolls

Jellyrolls

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Not dumb at all, many people have been asking it (including myself). I think the reason is that there have been so many botched release dates with Android phones. People were getting upset when they were supposed to get said phone on said date, and it happened to get pushed back a few weeks. I think Google is just taking every precaution to prevent that from happening.

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense now that I think about. I'm excited about this release. This will be my first Nexus product and I can't wait to fiddle around on JB.

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I feel bad for their phone customer service agents they are probably getting slammed with calls asking the same question, when?. It would be cheaper to give a release date, and credit if they botched it then to pay $10/hr for multiple agents to field the same call.