A GameStop in Missouri just received shipment of the Nexus 7

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Originally Posted by kmyerslp
My roommate is the manager at a gamestop and just told me his shipment of nexus 7's just came in and his store only had two preorders; mine and someone elses. My receipt said second wave 8/7 as well but I'll be getting mine when google releases them to wave one people. So happy. ^_^ Everyone migt want to call and see first if the will tell you the shipment came in and two if you can get yours sooner.

Edit: other guy preordered before 7-1.
I ordered on like the 6th.
This is in missouri.

Sent from my Evo LTE using Tapatalk 2

Link to conversation on the matter

He states he will stop by after work to pick it up, so by tonight or tomorrow he will probably post pictures of it, if he is telling the truth.

Come on Google stop making us Play Store pre-orders wait!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
We are all excited for our new toys, gentleman, but let's keep it light here :)

That being said, it would be appreciated and easier for the forum if you could try to keep all of your info consolidated to fewer threads, please. Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: bunique4life05

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm not aware of any street date restrictions on the Nexus so if GS has them then they should let you pick it up early. I secretly suspected they'd get them sooner than promised but didn't want to add to the Gamestop speculation here. Google seems to be pumping these things out fast. I imagine all second wave people will get them by the end of the month based on what other sources are getting. Heck, Staples expects to have them on the shelves in a week or so from what I've read.

ehiss

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
After reading this thread, I called my local Gamestop and the manager said he has the shipment already and is just waiting for Google to give the date to release. I pre-ordered mine on July 5 and was part of the 2nd wave. The manger said he has tablets for each of his pre-orders, meaning I will get mine during the first wave. You might want to call your local Gamestop and see what they say. I was pissed about having to wait until August, but I am thrilled.

Rhoq

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
There is a memo circulating the web right now attributed to GameStop corporate asking all store managers to keep all Nexus 7 stock confined to the stock room and not to sell any until they receive a street date from Google.

Jedi Neo

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I too am part of the second wave of pre-orders, which at the time they said Aug 7th. He did tell me if they received more then expected, they would start contacting those in the second wave to pickup early.

Not sure how they would determine who gets called first from the second batch. Guess I'll just show up on release day and press my luck. "no whammy, no whammy, no whammy...."

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
The GS system tracks per-orders by date. They should have a list of who ordered and when and just go down the list reserving one for each person. People always pick up paid pre-orders but if someone didn't I think 7 days was the quoted hold time.

I don't work at GS, but I know people who do. This is similar to what they go through when Mario games come out so they are prepared.

Reactions: Jedi Neo

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Calling the GS I pre-ordered my Nexus 7 from yeilded the same information: Product is in the backroom waiting for "Google" to give the go-ahead. The manager was expecting Thursday the 12th, but couldn't say for sure.

I would love to pick mine up tomorrow after work!

TJH

InjuredNinja

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I just called my local GameStop (also MO) where I reserved mine, the kid said he didn't know if they had any in, but he checked his computer and said the release was tomorrow and they should have it then (the rumored date of the 12th). He seemed pretty clueless though.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, my store has them in stock, mine being the only one we have sadly. We got several emails saying they cant leave the backroom etc... til google says so. So its sadly a waiting game. I hope we get the go ahead tomorrow before I leave.

kaao

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so is GameStop getting these devices before we who ordered on Play do? I really hope that isn't the case, but it's sounding more and more like it. My N7 better be on the doorstep tomorrow morning lest retailers get it the same day.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
when gamestop gets it doesnt matter, its when google says we can sell it. Im assuming they are holding up gamestop til everyone is being shipped theirs.

Scott99

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Went into a different GameStop than the one where I preordered. This one was in New Jersery as opposed to where I preordered (which is in NY). Just out of curiosity, I asked when they are going to give them to people who preordered. Well, he goes online as reads to me a memo the store received from upper management. It said they are not allowed to give the preorders out tomorrow 7/12. This memo was sent to upper management by Google. So Google is preempting all the brick and mortar stores from giving out the preorder tablets most of these stores probably have in stock right now, probably because they want their shipments to correspond with brick and mortar stores (timing wise). That being said, who knows when GameStop will give us our preorders. The guy in the Jersey store said it may be pushed back a week (from 7/12).

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
yeah, i called my gamestop and they said the same thing. [Long island NY]

they're waiting on google to give them the green light, but they have them in stock already

FormerIphoney

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Gamestop in valley Stream, NY has them all in stock... Including my pre order.

Waiting for the go from google. Called Google directly and they said they are waiting for the first play store pre order people to receive theirs.. Roughly fri-Tuesday

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc