Android 4.1.1 pushing to the Nexus 7 tablet

enjoylife949

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if google delayed the shipping and sales of the Nexus 7 so this ota update could be tested on the google i/o editions prior to a massive number of new activations of the Nexus 7. Is there anyone on this forum who has the google i/o edition and got this update?

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I thought something like that as well, but then realized that most of the Nexus' were already out of google's hands. I would like to think though that this was the "Delay" and that we should expect shipping as soon as sometime today. But, I'm not that optimistic anymore.

enjoylife949

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Assuming this update goes well on the google i/o editions I am sure we will all get it our on new Nexus 7's as soon as we turn them on and activite them.

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
That's the beauty of OTA, you'll get the update as soon as it's activated with your Google account.

I highly doubt that the pre-orders would be affected by this.

twolane

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Got the update yesterday. Seems to have made the entire device even faster. Really slick. Google wallet is there. You also get a $10 credit when you activate it! Bonus!

Jedi Neo

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Got the update yesterday. Seems to have made the entire device even faster. Really slick. Google wallet is there. You also get a $10 credit when you activate it! Bonus!

So we are getting $35 in total credit by activating google wallet + N7 activation?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if google delayed the shipping and sales of the Nexus 7 so this ota update could be tested on the google i/o editions prior to a massive number of new activations of the Nexus 7. Is there anyone on this forum who has the google i/o edition and got this update?

Don't say things like that - I don't think I can handle a release delay lol.

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

So for the people already having a Google wallet card (nexus users for example) will only log right in while new wallet customers get the $10? Or just plain everyone gets the additional $10 regardless?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is that the 10 dollars isn't for having the wallet, as everyone who preorderd from Google has a wallet account. It's for adding funds to the prepaid google card option. We will see however.

twolane

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Let me clarify... I had a Google wallet account from taking advantage of Google Offers deals in the past. You would also have a Google wallet account if you preordered your N7.

After I installed the 4.1.1 update I went into the Google Wallet app. At the end of the setup process I simply "activated" my prepaid card, and recieved a $10 credit. I didn't have to add any money to the account and I didn't have to add in a credit card (though there is one on file on my account). Just click activate (or what ever that button says) and that's it! $10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryricherd