[POLL] How likely to buy from play store after this experience

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
So OP complaint is that Google did not release it earlier than the expected date of 2 TO 3 weeks when it was reserved...... Hahahaha

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: statdoc

Mtikoian

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
No, the complaint is the lack of information. I don't care if its delayed or about to ship. Proactive communication is the cornerstone to customer loyalty and satisfaction. Like I stated in the op, if we were able to cancel out orders that would make this process slightly less painful but to lock us in for this long without any kind of information is just absurd.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: TommyC1969

whip it good

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: [POLL] How likely to buy frm play store after this experience

Not likely at all. I'm not angry with Google for their failure to communicate but neither am I impressed. Future hardware will either be purchased at Amazon or in person at a store. Neither hits me for shipping either.

I'm also not likely to purchase much content once the $25 credit is gone, unless they really wow me. Amazon has been good to me there too.

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: [POLL] How likely to buy from play store after this experienc

Really need to stop being babies people. If places other than google didn't prematurely release the date no one would be freaking out. Yes we all want it now, but the weekend is coming. So don't expect it till next week at the earliest! Probably gonna lose my mind if it's not here by Tuesday though.

kaao

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Honestly, I can't say for sure since this is the first time I've pre-ordered anything. It DOES appear to be taking longer than it should, but maybe I'm just being antsy.

6/10 for now. Will reduce by one point for each additional week it takes to get here.

mud314

May 18, 2012
Visit site

I doubt I will be buying from them as well. I have been trying to get through to them and was never able to get through. I see a few of you were able to speak to them, I don't see how. I spent probably an hour on hold one day w/no answer and a good 10, 20 and 30 mins on other days and still no answer. Finally I decided to try their email service and at this point I was so effing mad it was to cancel my order. The reason I decided to cancel my order at this point was because in the case I needed support for whatever reason or the item was damaged how was I supposed to get ahold of them? After 4 days I finally got an email stating that my order had been canceled.

I will certainly never buy devices directly from google play again. Their "customer support" is pathetic.

Zikeji

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I doubt I will be buying from them as well. I have been trying to get through to them and was never able to get through. I see a few of you were able to speak to them, I don't see how. I spent probably an hour on hold one day w/no answer and a good 10, 20 and 30 mins on other days and still no answer. Finally I decided to try their email service and at this point I was so effing mad it was to cancel my order. The reason I decided to cancel my order at this point was because in the case I needed support for whatever reason or the item was damaged how was I supposed to get ahold of them? After 4 days I finally got an email stating that my order had been canceled.

I will certainly never buy devices directly from google play again. Their "customer support" is pathetic.

Their customer service is just overwhelmed. I waited 30 minutes to get to them about my Galaxy Nexus refund(for the $50 difference); whereas days before it took 5 minutes. I called at midnight, try calling later next time.

Also, I've only heard American customer support agents; no Indian ones.

But after my pre-order experience with Staples I'm not buying from them again.

Reactions: mud314

Jedi Neo

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site

Is it possible their customer support is pathetic because everyone is calling is asking "where's my tablet? Where’s my tablet? So and so has it in their inventory!!" Yes they received their allotted shipment, but they are not for sale yet! I don't understand why everyone is stating Google is keeping them in the dark about the release when they stated a two to three week lead time. We are barely finishing week number two. From my POV they are ahead of schedule if they indeed sitting at UPS hubs ready to go even though nobody who ordered from the play store has been charged yet.

jmiles3010

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

I will never buy from the Playstore again. I made my purchase and a few hours later was locked out of my gmail account and my order was cancelled. Something due to possible fraud. Which was not the case after submitting personal documents to prove who I was and waiting days for them to unlock my account. And I had to re order again a week later. And was told they aren't sure why the "SYSTEM" locked me out of my Gmail and cancelled my order.

As far as no release date, that is getting old very quick. Google has to have a clue as to timing and shipping etc.....

mrbates

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Wow, I almost thought this thread was about GSIII pre-orders based on the level of whining in this thread. Seriously, it is the device launch--there may be delays; however, those of you with the first pre-orders are still inside the window given. Our N7s will be here when they are ready to be here. Some of you put too much thought into internet rumors about others getting theirs first.
Hang in there don't be petty iWhiners. Our N7s will get here.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Considering I haven't received the device (and ordered it not too long ago) I don't think it's fair to rate my experience. You can't really rate something until it's over.

I've dealt with "product launches" before for work, and what's happening now (the launch fiasco) is atypical only because google isn't demanding the heads of the companies who launched the product early.

1) Deals with Brick and Mortar stores are typically done months in advance. This means that they're promised a set amount of devices well before the general public officially knows a product is there. For example, when the original Blackberry Storm launched, there were HUGE lines everywhere for it. Sure, that seems silly now, but back then this phone was a big deal. it sold out online, in corporate stores, practically everywhere. But with all this hype, my middle of nowhere store still got a hold of 12 of them. Why? because the order was placed 6 months before the device was launched. That's how retail works, and that's why places like Gamestop and Sams have product in stock even if the play store sells out (which we don't have an indication they are yet)

2) Most companies have insane penalties for breaking releases. the "mild" ones are "you can't sell any of our products at launch for x months/years" the severe ones have harsh penalties. I haven't heard what Google has, but since the products are out, I'm guessing they didn't make these deals ahead of time, or if they did the heads of the companies didn't pass it down to retail staff. either way, someone in the RETAIL chain messed up here. Maybe there were some screwups at Google too, but the fact that the device is available in scattered stores before online orders shipped likely isn't from Google Screwups (at least not the kind people here seem to think)

3) Google said mid july. We're JUST in the time of the month where this date exists. When I placed my order a few days ago, the page said 1-2 weeks. So by my mark, that means I have 2 weeks to go yet before I break out the pitchfork.

If you need instant gratification. Don't pre-order. Place the order with AmazonPrime the second it says it's available. As for me? I'm going to support the playstore idea so that they get any kinks worked out and in a year or so, I buy my next nexus from them

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

at the moment seeing all the game stop posts, i'm not sure i'll be pre-ordering from the play store again.

As of this morning, Game Stop has been sending out texts and calling people that their Nexus 7's are available. Many people going to pick them up now.

I thought it would be easier to pre-order with the play store as well as i'd be getting it before i could pick it up in a local store. I'll probably go with a different method next time.

bayrea

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I will most likely not pre-order any devices from Google Play again. My frustration is the lack of clear communication. If the Play Store said, "device will ship in 2-3 weeks or be avaible in stores on Friday the 13th" I would have just waited and drove to the store today. A customer in the dark is a frustrated customer. Like going to a restraunt and seeing everyones food come out before yours even though you ordered way before them. Then not being able to find your waiter.

Reactions: TommyC1969

mrjoshw

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site

unless google makes up for this in some way, i will never buy a product from them directly from the play store again.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

I will most likely not pre-order any devices from Google Play again. My frustration is the lack of clear communication. If the Play Store said, "device will ship in 2-3 weeks or be avaible in stores on Friday the 13th" I would have just waited and drove to the store today. A customer in the dark is a frustrated customer. Like going to a restraunt and seeing everyones food come out before yours even though you ordered way before them. Then not being able to find your waiter.

The playstore DID say "will ship in 2-3 weeks" it now says "will ship in 1-2 weeks"

Nice and big, right under the price.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

unless google makes up for this in some way, i will never buy a product from them directly from the play store again.

What did they do wrong? Where did they say "Mrjoshw, your device is on it's way... LOL, kidding we won't ship it yet?"

They said "will ship in 2-3 weeks.. we are JUST past 2 weeks since the page went up. They still have a week to make good on their promise.

If you bought the device without actually reading the "will ship by" tag, that's not their problem.

bayrea

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

The playstore DID say "will ship in 2-3 weeks" it now says "will ship in 1-2 weeks"

Nice and big, right under the price.

I know.. I can see that. What it does not say is "Will be available in stores on 7/13/12" If it said that I would have skipped the pre-order mumbo jumbo and rolled the dice at GameStop or Walmart. It's not an apple role out so there won't be camping or craziness at the stores.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

at the moment seeing all the game stop posts, i'm not sure i'll be pre-ordering from the play store again.

As of this morning, Game Stop has been sending out texts and calling people that their Nexus 7's are available. Many people going to pick them up now.

I thought it would be easier to pre-order with the play store as well as i'd be getting it before i could pick it up in a local store. I'll probably go with a different method next time.

They broke street dates. Don't expect Gamstop to get any additional N7's in stock for awhile (beyond what's already ordered). They also (most likely) won't get to launch the next nexus device.

Obviously they felt that ignoring Google's wishes was worth it. That's their decision to make.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12