07-16-2012 07:56 PM
110 123 ...
tools
    *****EDIT***** intended for devices or physical items from the play store not software or ota purchased goods.

Likely to order another device?

I am pretty biased having Amazon prime continues to be years ahead of its time and I think has made this whole ordeal that much more discouraging. I love Google, as a developer I have a great appreciation for the community they continue to improve and support openly..

But on a scale of 1-10 , 1 being very likely and 10 being the need to send them a 2day ups shipment of jelly bean shaped dog **** I'm at about a 8....

Anyone else please weigh in, my main gripe is the lack of information provided to us the consumer who has been locked in without anything but a staples internal email to go by...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    07-12-2012 07:28 PM
    5 based on pre-orders, i rather go to a B&M
    07-12-2012 07:31 PM
    2. Just because it said 2-3weeks... We are in the second week. So it gives them all next week. It's more us than them. Believing all the pictures. Yes some places have them but aren't selling because of the people wo ordered on the day it was announced. And it was updated to 1-2 weeks on Sunday. So still it's not beyond that time frame. It's just the geek factor that makes this worse. I've created a ups account. Refreshing the ac and xda post. Also using slice to track it.
    07-12-2012 07:46 PM
    You need to break this into different categories. Play store as in devices or Play Store in total

Devices - 4 or 5. Nothing against Google but I'd rather pick it up at Gamestop the next day than pay shipping to watch the front porch. I also know that if you don't support local business it goes away. Spreading the money around a little (assuming GS gets anything from this) is good.

App store - 1. I'm sure they'll be an app I need.

Digital Media - 1 short term, 6 long term. I prefer Amazon for media but will give them a valid test.

In all fairness Google hasn't done anything wrong. We've all done it to ourselves. You can really expect an answer from a page refresh. We are giving ourselves high blood pressure for nothing.
    brytonic likes this.
    07-12-2012 08:02 PM
    This whole experience has left a really bad taste in my mouth.

I guess, like the OP, I have been incredibly spoiled by Amazon's customer service. I decided to give Google a shot with this, and I regret it. I doubt I will buy another google device, and I'm having a hard time deciding why I would ever need to buy anything else from the google play store.
    mud314 likes this.
    07-12-2012 08:10 PM
    hardware? 8. I worked retail back 10 years ago and even back then mass release was handled better..... Everytime I call support I get a different answer on release, on shipping, the last guy had no clue how they were attaching the device to my account before I got it (an option when preordering) and when he put me on hold it was on hold for about 5 minutes before I got disconnected.... They also had an add on the Site that said the device includes headphones.... It's no longer there and the device does not...... They sent these out to retailers and instead of getting there junk together, they put holds on all the retailers? I just plopped down 280 bucks, and had no support no valid information for a week to find out that sam's will carry this for 240ish? And may get it before I do because I did not make the first wave of preorders? Look i bought ahead from the source, I should get standard accurate and informative information when I call, though they bought in bulk I should receive my device around the same time stores get them in, not put them on there shelves (they sure managed to get them out to them) and I should not find out that if I go to those same retailers the price is going to be close to 25 bucks cheaper right out of the gate.... Tell me where the quality of service is? The value of going to the source and giving them a better margin? I love Google but guys you screwed this up so bad it makes me wonder if you even care about early adopters, or are we just calateral damage in your attempt to get an application system in place to rival amazon? Sorry little frustrated.... I suppose it will pass in the joy of my new toy.... You can bet I will remember how I get treated though when I look to buy my next device.....Again sorry rant over lol
    TommyC1969 and Drapetomania like this.
    07-12-2012 08:11 PM
    Infoseeker - I can't speak for Google but I know what Amazon did with my Kindle. My username was already input. When I booted it the device said are you Marshall and had my email. I said yes, entered a password, and viola all was good. Then on my Amazon page the serial number and device were already there. Whether it got the serial before activation (part of shipping) or after via wifi I can't be sure.

With Amazon the device appeared when it shipped for me to rename, but I don't recall seeing a serial number or other info. My memory is sketchy though.

Google doesn't have my device attached yet so when someone who checked that gets a tracking number they can check their account.
    TommyC1969 likes this.
    07-12-2012 08:15 PM
    1, because im still waiting to see if it arrives before the "2-3 weeks" from the original date that it was available for pre order. If it goes past that then I will definitely be disappointed in Google, but I doubt that will happen. Only reason everyone is stressing is because store have got shipment, but people have to realize they havent sold those tablets yet.
    07-12-2012 08:54 PM
    I won't order hardware again from the Play Store.

Terrible lack of responsiveness and conflicting info when I do get them to reply to an e-mail.

Somewhere in the Google Chain - somebody's head should be on a platter. I feel neglected as a customer and that should never happen when dealing with a good company.

Google drives the crowd into a frenzy with their product release, then is incapable of providing customer service with the same level of interest on their part.

If you want to sell in the big-leagues, have the infrastructure in place to support it.

One of my favorite saying sums it up,

"If you're going to teach the bear to dance....you'd better be ready to dance until the bear wants to stop." Google got the bear dancing big time with all their hype.

Google has their their head in the sand on this mega-botch.

I am a public information consultant and know a PR mess when I see one.

They need to spring into damage control mode and in a hurry.
    07-12-2012 09:04 PM
    2-I will most definitely buy from GP again. I still don't understand what people are complaining about. Google said 2-3 weeks and until that 3 week date comes and goes, they aren't late, haven't delayed anything, and haven't broken any promises. People are upset because of RUMORS that folks who purchased from GS and other sources may get theirs first. This isn't even a valid complaint because it hasn't happened yet.

I may change my mind if my tablet doesn't ship by 7/20 (I ordered 6/29), but until Google misses it's promised ship date, I have no problems.
    UCLA 15 and ucfgrad93 like this.
    07-12-2012 10:33 PM
    I find it funny that they stated mid-July yet people get mad because it wasn't a go for the 12th. What do you expect when a company doesn't give an actual release day? People need to chill rather than freak out over something you have no control over. Getting pissy doesn't force Google or any other company to up the date of their release of any product.
    07-12-2012 10:37 PM
    I'd buy from them again, why not? The only release date they've "missed" are rumored ones.. if I had a nickel for every device in these forums that missed a rumored release date I could buy Google... lol.
    Menno, pounder001, Neofite and 4 others like this.
    07-12-2012 10:43 PM
    yeah seriously. im impatient too but were still on week two and its not like the gamestop or staples got theirs today. if this was week 4 then thats a different story

people need to chill out...
    07-12-2012 10:46 PM
    I'm a little annoyed but not enough to stop buying from them!
    07-12-2012 10:52 PM
    I'll buy from them again in a heartbeat. They haven't done us wrong at all. They are still within the time frame of when they said they would ship with next week being week 3. Also nobody else is allowed to sell them without Google saying ok. Those that do will most likely loose a partnership with Google when it comes to selling nexus devices.

We are getting upset over things we created ourselves. nothing officially has come from Google except shipping in 2 to 3 weeks down to 1 to 2 weeks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Khanhathan and Demodocus like this.
    07-12-2012 10:58 PM
    What a bunch of freaking whiners. Unbelievable.

07-12-2012 11:03 PM
    1. I bought my Galaxy Nexus from the Play store, it was a good experience. And I'm sure my Nexus 7 will arrive soon. I confess to going a bit stir crazy waiting for it and really really wish Google could have provided a specific ship date so I wouldn't keep incorrectly getting my hopes up on getting it this week. But Google is new at this, and in the end I suspect I'll still get my tablet within a day or two of other retail orders.
    07-12-2012 11:12 PM
    I'd buy from them a million times if I had to. I have 3 gnex devices from them. All shipped within 24 hours of ordering and got them overnight rather than the two day shipping I was quoted. As many have already pointed out, its not past the 2-3 weeks Google quoted for the pre orders. Its hysterical how people just complain about anything these days. Same thing with the s3 pre orders on att. Everyone freaked out about that and a large handful of people got their phone the day att said they would. Just chill until its been 21 days since pre order and no tablet in hand.

07-12-2012 11:12 PM
    I kind of feel like people are so antsy they are losing their heads a bit. I would have no problem ordering from Google again. They haven't done anything wrong yet.
    07-12-2012 11:17 PM
    This experience won't stop me from buying any google products. But seeing how this is the first time I pre-ordered a device. Especially a device I want so badly, I will go about things differently the next time something like this happens.

Maybe make a bunch of plans and get my week full the next time. Because this waiting game took my procrastination to a whole new level lol.. The past couple weeks have been bad, but the past couple days have been horrible. I barely got anything done.
    AlphaVictor87 likes this.
    07-12-2012 11:19 PM
    So OP complaint is that Google did not release it earlier than the expected date of 2 TO 3 weeks when it was reserved...... Hahahaha

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    statdoc likes this.
    07-12-2012 11:23 PM
    No, the complaint is the lack of information. I don't care if its delayed or about to ship. Proactive communication is the cornerstone to customer loyalty and satisfaction. Like I stated in the op, if we were able to cancel out orders that would make this process slightly less painful but to lock us in for this long without any kind of information is just absurd.

TommyC1969, otherbot and giograves like this.
    07-12-2012 11:57 PM
    Not likely at all. I'm not angry with Google for their failure to communicate but neither am I impressed. Future hardware will either be purchased at Amazon or in person at a store. Neither hits me for shipping either.

I'm also not likely to purchase much content once the $25 credit is gone, unless they really wow me. Amazon has been good to me there too.
    otherbot likes this.
    07-13-2012 12:06 AM
    They've still got a few more days to delight me.
    07-13-2012 12:53 AM
    Really need to stop being babies people. If places other than google didn't prematurely release the date no one would be freaking out. Yes we all want it now, but the weekend is coming. So don't expect it till next week at the earliest! Probably gonna lose my mind if it's not here by Tuesday though.
    07-13-2012 01:46 AM
110 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD