Just got one from GameStop with no Pre-order!

aptmx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow. This thing is amazing. Great build quality. Screen is gorgeous. I ordered from Google like most people, but I called a GameStop and they had one in so I just went for it. Got the $25 credit as well. WIll just return my one from Google. Everyone who ordered one is in for a real treat. Exceeds my expectations. Anyone have any questions about it?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
That's awesome. I was checking in here to see if anyone heard about the tablets shipping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

htmlcssguru

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
GameStop is where I just picked mine up from. Their deal is just too good to pass up. Traded in a bunch of old Xbox games and my 8GB 1st generation iPod touch and got over $140 in credit toward my Nexus 7. Net difference was about $115 and I was out the door. Turned old junk into gold.

jcastag

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
they are only supposed to be giving them to people that pre ordered. If I can't get my pre order because you took mine then expect me to come knocking on your door. :)

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, I just picked up my pre-order. When they asked my name, they told me they just need to check that I'm in the first batch, and that they sold all the first and part of the second batch through pre-orders alone. Not bad. While in line, two people in front of me picked one up as well. Loving this thing though.

EnDroidable

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah go ahead and rub it in our faces...jerk!! Haha jk man, thats great, I cant wait to get mine, hopefully by next week we will all have our Nexus'

Are there any apps that arent working with the Nexus, and hows the overall quality of the tablet, how does it feel to hold it, is it slippery like the ipad, or it fits in the hand nicely?

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah go ahead and rub it in our faces...jerk!! Haha jk man, thats great, I cant wait to get mine, hopefully by next week we will all have our Nexus'

Are there any apps that arent working with the Nexus, and hows the overall quality of the tablet, how does it feel to hold it, is it slippery like the ipad, or it fits in the hand nicely?

Feels great in hand. Good grip on the back. Screen is awesome.No issues thus far. Having a hard time finding a good 7" keyboard. Swiftkey phone or tablet don't take kindly to the size. Thumb Keyboard is alright.

migespy

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Any chance you are coming from a 10 inch tablet? I am coming from a Xoom and I am hoping the transition to 7 inch won't be bad. Thoughts?

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
same here i called all gamestop and finally the last one on my list has it in stock due to a preorder canceling they say they can only hold it untill 730..cant wait...

EnDroidable

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Feels great in hand. Good grip on the back. Screen is awesome.No issues thus far. Having a hard time finding a good 7" keyboard. Swiftkey phone or tablet don't take kindly to the size. Thumb Keyboard is alright.

I'm mainly getting it for 2 reasons, first, I never had an android tablet before, and the second reason is because I want it to read books on and so I can upload books for my classes, much easier than carrying those books around the campus all day. Do you plan on getting a case for it?

htmlcssguru

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Just to clarify, mine WAS a pre-order. I went in on Monday of this week with a box full of old Xbox games and an iPod I no longer used in order to take advantage of their current promo of an EXTRA 30% trade in value for all kinds of crap including old game consoles.

I received a text today stating my Nexus 7 was available for pickup. But, I was the only person in there as well. I'm sure once they work through their pre-order list that anyone can walk in and get one.

So far this thing rocks. Heavier than I thought it would be.

mykrlz182

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Just picked mine up at Gamestop no pre-order, after calling five of them! Thank you Gamestop!
4c5fcd72-97de-8586.jpg

From my long awaited and totally worth it EVO LTE!

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Any chance you are coming from a 10 inch tablet? I am coming from a Xoom and I am hoping the transition to 7 inch won't be bad. Thoughts?

One does not replace the other in my opinion. That said, I fell in love with the 7" form facter with the original nook, the Tab 2 7.0, and now the N7. I still use my TF1 for my main laptop, and I really prefer 10" for web browsing and news reading when at a desk, couch, or chair in my house, work, or school. Everything and everywhere else, I prefer a 7".

I'm mainly getting it for 2 reasons, first, I never had an android tablet before, and the second reason is because I want it to read books on and so I can upload books for my classes, much easier than carrying those books around the campus all day. Do you plan on getting a case for it?

I love textbooks on these things. I'm an engineering student, and our books are massive. Good choice. I might get a super slim case for pocketablity. Haven't decided. If it goes in your laptop bag/backpack, then yes. Get a case, if only for that time. Notebook rings, pens, coins, keys, cables, etc all can do a number on that screen given space to move around. Found that out the hard way...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow