Battery charging

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine will only charge with the stock charger. Nothing else works. What a pain in the butt. How does it even know if I plugged it into an iPad charger?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine charges with a Kindle charger or via USB on any device. I would guess then that the problem is with the Apple charger. Apple sometimes tosses little oddities in there to keep their stuff proprietary.

And yes, I've tried my kindle charger, the white cable that came with an old kindle, and charging it via a PS3. All work fine. My units defective anyway (screen issue, see my other thread) so I had nothing to lose.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Errr I just charged mine with my Epic 4G charger and a Palm Pre cable so it doesn't seem so picky. Heck, I never unpacked its own charger since I have so many adapters and micro USB cables around the house.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Why would you put Apple charger if they gave you nexus charger?

Because I dont want to have a bunch of different chargers laying around for all my devices. It is much easier to charge all my stuff off just one charger. I have never had any problems charging things with my iPad charger such as my Galaxy Nexus, S III even my kindle. This is the first thing I have found that won charge. I wonder if I got a defective one.