Nexus 7 Glass Seperation

Daniel v2

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone mind posting pictures? Now that I can't unread this, I'd appreciate not being able to unsee it as well lol

It's really hard to see, it's a feeling thing.

Holding it down for a while seems liked it worked for me, its been fine for about an hour. Just stream a really long video on YouTube and hold it down for about 10 minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

psycho9x

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I picked mine up at gamestop only because they accept iCrap devices as trade in and I couldn't stand my iCrap Touch anymore.

I'll be returning it as soon as they get more in stock. Doesn't affect usability at all but when you spend your money on something like this it should be flawless.

I'd post a pic but it would be hard to see.

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
It's really hard to see, it's a feeling thing.

Holding it down for a while seems liked it worked for me, its been fine for about an hour. Just stream a really long video on YouTube and hold it down for about 10 minutes.

Did the same, watched about 20 mins of Transformers Dark of the Moon and its now flush and seems to be holding.

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I suggest everyone get a replacement within the warranty period because it could become a bigger issue down the road. I haven't received mine yet but if mine is like that, as much as I would hate it, I would return it asap. I deserve a quality product that I don't have to "fix" myself.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

ryjb

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Here is a little DYI I am doing overnight to see if this will remedy the screen. If not I will return it.

If you do anything like this please make sure you cover the back and glass front with a barrier to protect them.

Do at your own risk.

Daniel v2

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Did the same, watched about 20 mins of Transformers Dark of the Moon and its now flush and seems to be holding.

Mine popped back up after a couple of hours...

I don't wish that anyone gets a crap product but I do hope this happens enough where there is a recall or they acknowledge it and do something about it. Right now I don't even feel like using it until I get it fixed or something.

What happens in a month or so when the whole screen gets loose? Is that even a possibility?

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
My iPad 2 did the same thing. Pressing near the Home button then releasing you could hear the popping of the glue. I took it in and they replaced it without question. I suggest anyone with this problem do the same. Here's crossing my fingers that my precious Nexus 7 doesn't have this issue when it gets here next week.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
My iPad 2 did the same thing. Pressing near the Home button then releasing you could hear the popping of the glue. I took it in and they replaced it without question. I suggest anyone with this problem do the same. Here's crossing my fingers that my precious Nexus 7 doesn't have this issue when it gets here next week.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Same here haha just sittin n hopin..hopefully ours don't have the same issue!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this when i got the tablet. Its gone now. I was playing some sonic and that ran the tablet pretty hot and i guess that helped fix the issue. I wouldnt worry about it personally. I noticed it when i woke up for a cat nap and was using the device.

jellofund

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Well mine has popped back up again after a few hours of use. Either the glue didn't bond fully or the heat from the unit has unset it again.

Think I'm going to get a refund and wait things out for the time being. My concern is that I get another that has this issue and have to waste time posting it back or that units that seem fine now may start to come apart too, if there is some underlying design problem that's causing this seperation.

If nothing else it was one while it last even if it turned out to be a bit of a one night stand :'(.

Daniel v2

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm tired of messing with it, taking it back this week and waiting a bit.

This is why you don't buy something on launch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My original Transformer had this issue. Sucks. Asus build quality for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I thought ASUS built motherboards and the like? I had no idea they were in the adhesive business.

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I had it (just sightly and I'll be honest would have never noticed unless I had come across the thread) I watched transformers dark of the moon in HD and played some Sonic episode 4 part 2 which does tend to get the device pretty warm. I held that part of the screen down for about 20 mins immediately afterwards. Left it over night and mine hasn't come back since

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton