All Pre-Orders Will Ship Within 3 Business Days

dougf4

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Google Play now has a message when you call in stating that all Pre-Orders will ship within the next three business days.

1-855-836-3987, Option 1 (WARNING! It's that annoying Australian guy's voice)

When a call center adds these types of messages it is to siphon away callers from staying on-line to speak to an actual rep.

Google clearly has been swamped with shipping inquiries, complaints and I suspect cancellations and have initiated this opening message in order to drive down their incoming call volumes. These messages are never considered good customer service in the call center industry, but they almost always are an effective tool in keeping your phone systems from becoming overwhelmed.

For the sake of the poor people on the phones for Google, I hope this gives them a break from all the negative crap that Google set them up to have to take.

uM-elo

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
That's good sign. I pre-ordered reeaallllyyyyyy late (Thurs July 12) and was expecting a late delay. Even if it takes til the 3rd day to ship, I'm good.

Btw I've read some who've said they ordered July 11th and have had theirs ship while guys who ordered during the Keynote and late June didn't have theirs ship... so I'm thinking it's random.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969