Initial impression from iPad to Nexus 7

kjung7

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
The nexus 7 is a really nice device for only being $250. I do admit thought the screen does not really stand out as much as the one on the iPad 3, but it's so light and comfortable to hold especially for reading and browsing the Web. I highly recommend it if you're on the fence. I'm sure others of you ditched your iPad for the nexus 7. What are your first impressions of the change?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

angermeans

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I didn't ditch my new iPad I simply plan on using them both. I didn't buy the Nexus 7 as my all in one tablet. I bought it for the form factor, nexus development, and most of all the price. I still feel that the 10 inch (or 9.7 I think in the iPad) is still the best size for most tablet uses, but I hate using it for reading as it is still a little too big and heavy for hours of holding. Still for browsing and mainly apps no android tablet will beat the new iPad (believe me I tried as I owned the Xoom and Prime since launch and sold them both for the iPad).

I'm still really excited to get mine next week it shipped late last night and I hope I get it Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I find myself liking iOS and android (well the unskinned kind) and go back and forth from my galaxy nexus and iPhone 4s so I am sure it will be much in the same with my iPad and nexus 7 just the opposite as with the galaxy nexus and iPhone the iOS iPhone is much smaller where in tablets the nexus 7 will be smaller.

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, I currently have an iPad 2 (and iphone 4 and iMac) and just picked up a Nexus 7 at Sam's this morning (I also have a 16gb preordered through the Play Store). I have been looking for a smaller tablet to have in addition to my ipad, to carry to work etc. I also bought it to 'try' JellyBean and see what the fuss was about. I have had a number of tablets in the past (returned/sold them) and IMHO, this is the first one since the iPad 2 that has been worth the money.

Previous tabs include:
iPad 1
HP touchpad
Galaxy tab
Galaxy tab Plus
Blackberry Playbook (would have been worth it if it had apps)
Motorola Xyboard 8.2
New iPad

I repeat: I am absolutely loving this tablet! It's a great size and is fast fast fast!
This is the first Android device that I see as equal to iOS devices. It does the same stuff 95% of the population needs for half the price of the new iPad.

I'm an iOS fan, but if I was choosing a tablet for the first time, I don't know if I would be coming home with an iPad. This thing is just too good of a value. I was originally thinking about just keeping this until the 7.x" iPad is released, but unless iOS 6 steps it up, this will be my goto tablet for daily use.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

kdskinner

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a iPad 1 that I bought on the first day of release. Have loved it for the years I have owned it and still use it daily although I find it heavy and too big to carry with me all the time. Decided to try the Nexus 7 as the iPad 7 inch is still vaporware and I feel that I would be happier with a 7 inch device (almost stole my wife's Kindle Fire when she got it but...). Still waiting for my Nexus but have high expectations.

I have a Apple computer on the desk, an iPhone, iPod and a iPad but I am not stuck on Apple products. I cut my teeth on Unix (actually HPUX back in the late 70's) and jumped on the Linux bandwagon back with Red Hat 2. Went to Apple because I wanted a good solid Unix based computer on my desk that could handle all the DRM crap out there, NetFlix, Hulu, etc. Have been happy with my Apple stuff but can leave without looking back if the Andriod products are going to be solid (no lag) from this point on. I think I would prefer a Linux (Android) option such as the Nexus over my Apple stuff if it is good enough. Think this Nexus 7 might be the product to bring me in a full circle back to my roots.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Well, I currently have an iPad 2 (and iphone 4 and iMac) and just picked up a Nexus 7 at Sam's this morning (I also have a 16gb preordered through the Play Store). I have been looking for a smaller tablet to have in addition to my ipad, to carry to work etc. I also bought it to 'try' JellyBean and see what the fuss was about. I have had a number of tablets in the past (returned/sold them) and IMHO, this is the first one since the iPad 2 that has been worth the money.

Previous tabs include:
iPad 1
HP touchpad
Galaxy tab
Galaxy tab Plus
Blackberry Playbook (would have been worth it if it had apps)
Motorola Xyboard 8.2
New iPad

I repeat: I am absolutely loving this tablet! It's a great size and is fast fast fast!
This is the first Android device that I see as equal to iOS devices. It does the same stuff 95% of the population needs for half the price of the new iPad.

I'm an iOS fan, but if I was choosing a tablet for the first time, I don't know if I would be coming home with an iPad. This thing is just too good of a value. I was originally thinking about just keeping this until the 7.x" iPad is released, but unless iOS 6 steps it up, this will be my goto tablet for daily use.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I'm glad to see that someone agrees with me about the PlayBook. I really love the OS, but it just doesn't have the app support I need. I'm selling mine to a guy at work and then ordering the N7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888