Nexus 7 screen issues?

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My screen is an absolute disaster - gray glowing fog everywhere, ghosting, flickering - and I can't believe it made it into a box for sale and not a crush/shred/blend bin. Even worse is the fact that Google has yet to call me back to arrange replacement and doesn't seem to have any readily accessible contacts to get satisfaction. If they thought they were putting a hurt on Amazon (forget about Apple) with this amount of poor quality and service, they're smoking something called This Is Permanent.

dcosta43

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I have screen ghosting on mine and its not a I/o nexus. The ghosting is not crazy but bothers me none the less. I notice it after reading on kindle app and moving to a blank home screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

pdhahn

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I have screen ghosting on mine and its not a I/o nexus. The ghosting is not crazy but bothers me none the less. I notice it after reading on kindle app and moving to a blank home screen.

Out of curiosity how high do you keep your brightness at?

yangchow

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Finally got mine today. Was very concerned about all the screen issues I have been reading about but mine thus far is flawless. Very impressed with the unit. Keeps prompting me to update.... Not sure if I should since many people reported that "washout" screen happned after they updated.

dcosta43

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity how high do you keep your brightness at?

I usually leave it at auto brightness, when screen is at brightest the ghosting is very obvious, the lower you go the harder it is to notice, but its still there. I'm wondering if that's just a characteristic of the screen or a defect ?

A note also, on grays it stands out more for example the amazon MP3 app you can really see it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums