Has Google Stated If They Will Compensate Play Store Pre-orders?

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered my Nexus 7 on June 29th at 3:00p. And like the rest of the Play Store pre-orders did receive a tracking number until late Friday, which surprise hasn't updated with anything. Now we all know that retail stores have been selling the Nexus 7 for the past couple of days and for someone who pre-ordered from the Play Store that is a little messed up.

So post any updated info you hear from Google about this matter and if they even care they ticked off a large group of their loyal fans.

ps I am still really looking forward to my Nexus 7

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Not understanding why people feel they should be compensated when they don't receive their new toys when they think they should.

Many of these posts state their cards haven't even been charged so cancel the order, walk into a store and buy it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

NickNexus

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Has Google Stated If They Will Compensate Play Store Pre-orde

Check out the ups app, it may reveal your scheduled delivery date though the site does not.

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Not understanding why people feel they should be compensated when they don't receive their new toys when they think they should.

Many of these posts state their cards haven't even been charged so cancel the order, walk into a store and buy it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Google won't let you cancel. They are claiming the "shipping process has already begun". They are basically holding people's money hostage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site

Maybe some of us live in a small Iowian town where none of the stores have them in stock. Also its not about when we thought we should have them its about that they are being mum as to when we will have them meanwhile retailers are able to sell them

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

The package buddy app is a good app for tracking stuff also. You can use it for several different carriers. I ordered on the 28 and have heard nothing so, those who ordered after that and have tracking numbers should consider yourself lucky.

Minotking

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

I preordered on the 27th also they ran my car pervious to the 10th and then gave the amount back and then on Thursday charged me again. I looked at the shipping link and it says label has been made but that is it.

I paid for the 2 day air so I'd assume it would be here Monday if it was shipped Friday "label made"

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I got the Google email on Friday morning ( 0rdered on 30th) tracking number just points to "ready for ups" with scheduled delivery on the 16th. Ups app says it was ready at 2pm on the 12th. So my question is why no update as of this morning (15th)? Am I going to receive it on Monday?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I pre-ordered my Nexus 7 on June 29th at 3:00p. And like the rest of the Play Store pre-orders did receive a tracking number until late Friday, which surprise hasn't updated with anything. Now we all know that retail stores have been selling the Nexus 7 for the past couple of days and for someone who pre-ordered from the Play Store that is a little messed up.

So post any updated info you hear from Google about this matter and if they even care they ticked off a large group of their loyal fans.

ps I am still really looking forward to my Nexus 7

Compensate for what? They stated on the site that pre-orders would ship in 2-3 weeks. You have a shipping number, so they were well within their stated timeframe.

Nowhere on the Nexus site or Play Store did they say that pre-orders would be received before retail selling was opened up.

They gave you what they said they would. Your Nexus 7, shipping in 2-3 weeks, not RECEIVED in 2-3 weeks. If UPS takes 2-3 weeks now to get these delivered, Google is off the hook and UPS is in the hot seat.

Google is smart.

BIGsinner

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

If they are going to say anything about people being upset about their launch, they would have tweeted it already @googlenexus

ucfgrad93

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

Compensate for what? They stated on the site that pre-orders would ship in 2-3 weeks. You have a shipping number, so they were well within their stated timeframe.

Nowhere on the Nexus site or Play Store did they say that pre-orders would be received before retail selling was opened up.

They gave you what they said they would. Your Nexus 7, shipping in 2-3 weeks, not RECEIVED in 2-3 weeks. If UPS takes 2-3 weeks now to get these delivered, Google is off the hook and UPS is in the hot seat.

Google is smart.

Agreed. Google doesn't need to compensate anyone.

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site

Google is smart.

The reason any company states 2 to 3 weeks is to give themselves a fall back in case something goes wrong.

In this case they apparently had enough to send to stores but not enough to fulfill their pre-orders last week.

Edited by moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

meno73

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

I have sent google 2 emails regarding how pissed I am about this pathetic launch of theirs and they have yet to answer, seems like they have gone into a bunker and are riding this thing out lol guess they are just hoping "us" who preordered will just go away once we get our N7's (which I haven't received a shipping confirmation yet ordered July 1st and live in Ma) but I'm not letting it go I'm pissed and will never order a piece of hardware thru Play Store again after this fiasco.... not to mention they decided to release some on friday knowing it was 2 day shipping and UPS does not ship on sat with out an extra charge so really its more like 4-5 days since the tablet is sitting somewhere in the UPS system waiting for business days so Google really screwed the pooch on this one!:mad:

dougf4

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

The reason any company states 2 to 3 weeks is to give themselves a fall back in case something goes wrong.

In this case they apparently had enough to send to stores but not enough to fulfill their pre-orders last week.

Edited by moderator.

"Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt, speaking to reporters on Thursday at the Allen & Co conference in Sun Valley, said there was "immense demand" for the Nexus 7 in the first week after it was introduced."

Egotist Schmidt failed to mention that the vast majority of the "immense demand" is from his "own" Google Play customers due to the fact that his own Customer Fulfillment system is broke-di$# and can not deliver the goods when outside retailers have no problem doing so.

I wonder how much of the retail sell-outs are due to frustrated Play Store people jumping ship...

Me, I don't expect anything monetary out of Google for their botch. What I'd most like to see is a public statement indicating that there were in fact in-house issues and based on that the following "XYZ" actions have been taken to correct things.

Personally, I think reading that they have hired a known industry expert in internet sales and delivery systems from someone like Amazon or a QVC type of company is what wold most restore my faith in them, because clearly whoever is in charge now is not up to the task of large-scale product deployment.

Keeping mum and ignoring the issue is what worries me, because eventually that Crazy Uncle in the Basement always manages to get out in public.

Schmidt needs to loosen up his wallet and pay a premium salary to bring in a premium performer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TheIowaKid and EJT

KJD209

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Enough already with this two to three weeks cr**. Everyone, and I mean everyone no matter what they say now, who ordered this device from the Play Store the first week it was available after the announcement believed that their preorder would guarantee delivery on or before the day it was available in retail stores. Why else woud you pay for 2 day shipping. Everyone on this site is an avid electronics consumer and user and knows that Google and/or Asus screwed this up. Should we be compensated? Yes. At least with a refund of our two day shipping fee. These devices could have been shipped to consumers on Wednesday, July 11, they obviously shipped to retail stores on or before that date. I'm also tired of people blaming UPS. They ship millions of packages every day. The Iphone launches were much larger then this one and preorders were shipped and received on or before retail availability.

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have sent google 2 emails regarding how pissed I am about this pathetic launch of theirs and they have yet to answer, seems like they have gone into a bunker and are riding this thing out lol guess they are just hoping "us" who preordered will just go away once we get our N7's (which I haven't received a shipping confirmation yet ordered July 1st and live in Ma) but I'm not letting it go I'm pissed and will never order a piece of hardware thru Play Store again after this fiasco.... not to mention they decided to release some on FRIDAY knowing it was 2 day shipping and UPS does not ship on sat with out an extra charge so really its more like 4-5 days since the tablet is sitting somewhere in the UPS system waiting for business days so Google really screwed the pooch on this one!:mad:

For future product deliveries, it would be wise to release on a early weekday so customers ain't left with wasted days over the weekend. Maybe Google did it purposely as to give them time to sort things out over weekend.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz