no flash support for nexus 7?

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I just read that there will not be any flash support for the nexus 7 or any jellbean device.

How are you supposed to watch embedded video on websites, like espn for example

bellington74

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Yup, no official Flash support. However, using search would yeild you at least two other topics in this same forum with a link to the. apk to side load it and suggestions on a work around, such as installing the. apk and using Dolphin HD browser, which works like a champ. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

chrisdiaz73

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I installed firefox and flash, both side loaded, works like a charm, I want flash for 1 thing and thats watching amazon prime movies. I imagine going forward with adobe's discontinuation of flash, Amazon may make a move to html 5.....hopefully

plh36

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Contact your favorite websites and let then know that they need to update to html5. What else can u do?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I dont miss flash that much. Sure its used everywhere but i mostly read on the web and watch videos from youtube. N7 does both very well.

bobaka

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
google needs to provide a flash player alternative.

there is no point in having a tablet that can't display the flash streams on countless web sites people want to view on their phones and tablets.

Yamagushi

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Where are people getting this from? There is an official flash plugin, and not one, but two browsers that support the plugin and natively play flash (Dolphin and Firefox). This is the second post I've seen about this..

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Where are people getting this from? There is an official flash plugin, and not one, but two browsers that support the plugin and natively play flash (Dolphin and Firefox). This is the second post I've seen about this..

Where is this official plugin you speak of? I've seen the side loading posts, but do not find an official plugin in the Play Store.

Steve in CT

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yamagushi

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Where is this official plugin you speak of? I've seen the side loading posts, but do not find an official plugin in the Play Store.

Steve in CT

attachment.php

Yamagushi

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I've never searched for it, but running dolphin or firefox, when you come to a page that uses flash, it will prompt you to download flash player which brings you to the market.

Reactions: zer0skillz

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
That's weird. I'm not able to download Firefox because the Play Store says my device isn't compatible and loading flash pages in Dolphin just tell me that I don't have the plugin installed.

Steve in CT

Yamagushi

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Ohhhh, this is a different device, if play store is saying incompatible then yea, youll probably have to side load, don't see why it would be incompatible tho. What I was just showing is an old tegra 2 tablet lol..

csea

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Could someone explain how this works? I've got the .exe file for the flash plug in on my desktop. Do I copy that over with a USB connection, then run it in my Nexus 7? Or what? Thanks

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for being a noob but what do do with that file? I just got the n7 and have never used android before.

Thanks for any help

Go to that link on your device. Download the file on the page. You'll see a notification in your notification pane. Open it, and follow the prompts. It'll install Flash, just like you were installing it from the Play Store. Make sure you go into settings, security, and check the box for installing from unknown sources first.

Reactions: Twofingerz

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I just read that there will not be any flash support for the nexus 7 or any jellbean device.

How are you supposed to watch embedded video on websites, like espn for example

Well the N7 isn't alone... this little known device called iPad doesn't support flash either... and as others have said Adobe has stopped developing flash for mobile... and that's a good thing in my opinion .. the more that we can do without 3rd party apps/plugins the better...

Flash never really became a standard on mobile like it did on PC's... until recently the hardware to run flash just wasn't a reality in the mobile space...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey