Refusing shipment- Hope Google isn't inconvenienced

jaxdave

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Ordered on 6/27. Not one word about tracking number or anything else. Called local Gamestop and they are holding one for me to pick up after work. Paying $14 more and waiting an extra week (or more) to get it from Google ain't gonna cut it no matter what expectations were implied or assumed.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Do you still plan on using Google services (Play store, search, Gmail, etc.)? If so then I doubt they'd be bothered on how you actually get the tablet.

Honestly if I didn't get any information on when it'll ship by now, then I would've done the same thing given the opportunity. In fact I tried doing that here with my local GameStop stores over the weekend, but none of them were selling to non-preorders.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm asking for a refund, doubt I'll get it, but the NY attorney general will get a complaint. Just because.

Might as well, everyone knows the NY attorney general will charge anyone with anything if they think it will advance their political agenda.

This could get them a blip on ABC News.

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey if all you guys are upset with the play store and will be using another means of getting your apps then please feel free to give me you $25 okay store credit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

molinap1

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm asking for a refund, doubt I'll get it, but the NY attorney general will get a complaint. Just because.

Yes. Contact the Attorney General because I'm sure he has nothing else to do and would jump right on "poor communication from Google about an order".

I bet you've called 911 because McDonald's ran out of McFlurries that one time.

And out of curiosity, you'll ask for a refund for the Nexus 7 while letting you keep it?

Glad to see that some people have it so good that issues like these are what ruin their day. :p

Last edited:

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered with GP, but decided to pick a Nexus 7 up at my local Sam's Club this weekend instead. Since I hadnt been charged yet, or received any shipping info, I stuck out the 49 minute wait to cancel my 16GB order (Ordered on July 6th).

The lady was very nice (I kinda felt sorry for her 'cause I know they were slammed with calls) and she informed that my order was "past the point of no return". (ie. that it could not be canceled through Google). The representative recommended that I either refuse the UPS order (and wait for my card to be credited) or call my credit card company and get them to block the 2nd authorization. After all, if they cant charge it, they wont send it.

I decided to take the 2nd route, called my credit card company and they put a temporary (1 month) hold on any transactions from "Google Devices". That way, I dont have to wait on money to get credited back to my account (which I am worried might have been as big of a mess as the shipping/charging has been).

I wish you GP guys (& gals) the best of luck!

keithz

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
They've already been inconvenienced. And I hope it gets worse for them, so they learn their lesson.

All those folks buying at stores instead of waiting for pre-orders are eating up the stock at brick and mortar stores. Now there's diminished stock for the wider public to try and buy. Meanwhile, Google will get thousands if not tens of thousands of refused shipments back next week that they'll have to reprocess into the inventory system and refund. That's wasted labour on their part.

The only way they'll learn though is if people do exactly that: refuse shipment and buy elsewhere.

Then again, the Nexus One launch was a show too....so...maybe their capacity to learn retail is rather limited....

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Meanwhile, Google will get thousands if not tens of thousands of refused shipments back next week that they'll have to reprocess into the inventory system and refund. That's wasted labour on their part.

Wow and what facts do you have that there will be a mass return back? Please give me some statistics that you didnt pull from your head.

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Man there sure are some immature PSOE on these forums lol, either way u look at it. Google Is making good on their mid July promise. Silly people

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Man there sure are some immature PSOE on these forums lol, either way u look at it. Google Is making good on their mid July promise. Silly people

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
so if i order on 6/27 and someone else orders on 7/9...and the 7/9 person gets their order meanwhile the 6/27 person still has not even gotten charged (let alone a tracking number)...there is nothing wrong with that?

:confused:

Skydog#AC

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Ordered on 6/27. Not one word about tracking number or anything else. Called local Gamestop and they are holding one for me to pick up after work. Paying $14 more and waiting an extra week (or more) to get it from Google ain't gonna cut it no matter what expectations were implied or assumed.
Did you by chance order the OEM cover at the same time? There seems to be a growing trend of no notifications for those who have.

Reactions: itssimplyjeff1

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Did you by chance order the OEM cover at the same time? There seems to be a growing trend of no notifications for those who have.

I've been reading that as well. If the device is ready to ship but they are waiting for the cover to complete the order, then you wait.

Nobody promised chit on the cover shipping, LOL. :D:p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc