A positive experience with the Nexus 7

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I keep reading about a bunch of defects and issues as well as the pre order debacle, but all I have to say is positive.

Screen is flawless and gorgeous. Used the screen test ap and found no pixel issues. Watching HD movies is great as is reading on it.

I unboxed it:
View attachment 31163

Charged it up and turned it on:
View attachment 31164

View attachment 31165

I was advised of the update within 5 mins of power on and had JB a short time thereafter. The next day I received another small update.

44ca3d90-c071-4c66.jpg

The tablet it so smooth and quick. Chrome is amazing and the tablet has not so much as sputtered even once.

This is by far the best $246 (Sams) I have spent. Assuming you are able to avoid any defect issues, you will not be disappointed. It was worth the wait.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I believe you are referring to the update 'for' Jellybean not 'to' jellybean, as all Nexus 7 tablets ship with JB. But thanks for the + feedback. Dont usually get any in these forums :D

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
So far its the most comfortable tablet i have used in terms of the screen, size and weight and the fluidness of the os. I like it.

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I believe you are referring to the update 'for' Jellybean not 'to' jellybean, as all Nexus 7 tablets ship with JB. But thanks for the + feedback. Dont usually get any in these forums :D

Yes sorry, just meant that it immediately updated when I turned it on asking for a reboot. Has had two such updates thus far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I also bought from sams club and it had no defects, they must have gotten the better batches then the other retailers. As for the updates, I just got another one from google today and I wonder what it was for.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Here is a screenshot of the jelly bean easter egg Google tossed in. You can interact with the floating jelly beans. No real point to it' but cute for 30 seconds.

View attachment 31176

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
So far its the most comfortable tablet i have used in terms of the screen, size and weight and the fluidness of the os. I like it.

I am getting rid of my transformer prime, I am absolutely impressed with this tablet!

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I am getting rid of my transformer prime, I am absolutely impressed with this tablet!

While im very impressed I'm not ready to give up my Prime yet.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Can you do me a favor and put a white screen up on the display? I found that Kindle showed me that the left side of mine was very unevenly lit, and the top left corner was very dim. Yopu could clearly see the LEDs throwing a conical pattern of light. It was OK on colored or darker screens. But not on a even, white screen like the Kindle reading page.

Mine, which I raved about earlier, is going back today for an exchange. I hope #2 is better. I really like the tab, but not too wild about the backlighting.

Last edited:

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Can you do me a favor and put a white screen up on the display? I found that Kindle showed me that the left side of mine was very unevenly lit, and the top left corner was very dim. Yopu could clearly see the LEDs throwing a conical pattern of light. It was OK on colored or darker screens. But not on a even, white screen like the Kindle reading page.

Mine, which I raved about earlier, is going back today for an exchange. I hope #2 is better. I really like the tab, but not too wild about the backlighting.

View attachment 31219

View attachment 31220

View attachment 31221

I find my screen to be very even across the entire range.

Honestly the only thing I can negative I can say is that the on/off button is hard to reach/press and takes some getting used to.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I find my screen to be very even across the entire range.

Honestly the only thing I can negative I can say is that the on/off button is hard to reach/press and takes some getting used to.

Nice :) Thank you. It seems like the on/off on all my tabs is hard to use, so nothing new there. Now I really can't wait to get to Sams and swap devices.

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I would love to know what you are comparing it to when you say chrome on this tablet amazing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1